• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Get Backers! Sequel?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirWence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Hello, forgive me in advance if this question has been posted on already.

But I myself, just finally bought vol. 10 and viewd it and I felt that ending was way to open for the series (in its anime form I mean) to be over. Does anyone think there will be a Sequel or what not? Or has there been anything said about it offically.

Just curious and thanks in advance

-Wence
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
SirWence wrote:

But I myself, just finally bought vol. 10 and viewd it and I felt that ending was way to open for the series (in its anime form I mean) to be over. Does anyone think there will be a Sequel or what not? Or has there been anything said about it offically.

-Wence

From what I can tell, that's it, no more story. They just stopped making the anime, probably for money or popularity concerns. The manga continues and is still going, from the looks of an issue of Shonen Magazine I bought in August while I was in Japan. In fact, I could tell there was crazy stuff going on in the story just from the pictures, so the plot must have advanced far past the anime.

It's a shame that the anime is done for now, though, since the Mugenjou/MakubeX Arc (first one) was so entertaining, despite it just being a series of fights; I didn't think the filler episodes in season two lived up to the first season, and the last story arc, as you pointed out, was cut. I'm betting that in the manga spoiler[they walked through that door, none of that BS about fighting all the way there and then just walking out.]
SirWence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
SirWence wrote:

-Wence

From what I can tell, that's it, no more story. They just stopped making the anime, probably for money or popularity concerns. The manga continues and is still going, from the looks of an issue of Shonen Magazine I bought in August while I was in Japan. In fact, I could tell there was crazy stuff going on in the story just from the pictures, so the plot must have advanced far past the anime.

It's a shame that the anime is done for now, though, since the Mugenjou/MakubeX Arc (first one) was so entertaining, despite it just being a series of fights; I didn't think the filler episodes in season two lived up to the first season, and the last story arc, as you pointed out, was cut. I'm betting that in the manga spoiler[they walked through that door, none of that BS about fighting all the way there and then just walking out.]

I hear ya, so I suppose there is very little hope then.. but if the manga does continue for a very long time I bet there would be a call for more Anime aswell or do you think I am mistaken?
liquidsolid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:10 am Reply with quote
I hope there is a sequel cause the Get Backers series was great, except for the second time they go to the limitless fortress which was a bit boring. A sequel can be made atleast for the sake of completing the story. The ending was so blunt.
zoldec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:02 pm Reply with quote
If u did read the manga there is actually a secquel for it. They explain the lost child story of himiko and yamato as well as midou bans lineage. So yeah the manga has a lot more to offer they even tackle the upper level of the mugenjyou where the last arc happen.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Locking 14 year old thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1