• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:ZERO TV Anime's 2nd Season Delayed to July

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 am Reply with quote
Ima kill that f***** virus.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:17 am Reply with quote
Not surprised, i even thought that by now more spring animes would have been delayed.
As much as i hate having to wait longer, i fear that this spring's overall production value will be worse than usual. Let's hope that these sad times will stop as soon as possible.

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
methedemon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:14 am Reply with quote
oh well. It can't be helped.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:16 am Reply with quote
Although this whole mess did start in China, I don’t think blaming the Chinese is going to do anything about this whole situation. All we can really do is try to control the spread of the coronavirus and patiently wait until the second season of Re:Zero finally airs.
Ebb1993

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:31 am Reply with quote
Please stop, Coronavirus...
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:33 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of shows this year end up getting delayed, especially in the summer season (and possibly fall). I'm personally worried about AoT S4 now since there's already been plenty of confusion about the possible studio change and this just adds to the mess.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:37 am Reply with quote
God forbid that Fruits Basket (season 2) and SAO (second cour of War of Underworld) ended up delayed.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, can we stop blaming China, it's immature and shows a lack of research. Experts have already said these modern viruses are popping up often because of the human population just expanding leading to deforestation and these diseases were present there but we never made contact with them due to humans usually not being there often. It's almost like there would be consequences if the human population just refused to stop expanding, who would have thought?

Also, oh geez, China isn't the cleanest country, oh really? Kinda not surprising given how much of our garbage they were taking from the rest of us for a long time. I'd be horrified to actually see how much of their country is composed of landfills. Finally, last year they said enough is enough and I know at least in terms of the US' trash they're only accepting 1% of their usual load. Time for the world to start learning how to recycle (and how to do it right, if you recycle but put things in categories they don't belong to, you are part of the problem, this slows down recycling factories considerably just to deal with junk that wasn't supposed to be in a category).
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:11 am Reply with quote
Actually, you are all wrong. This outbreak primarily reinforces the value of my own pre-existing beliefs, not yours.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:16 am Reply with quote
How about you guys actually stick to the story than try the blame game already,
RenimLS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:32 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Yeah, can we stop blaming China, it's immature and shows a lack of research. Experts have already said these modern viruses are popping up often because of the human population just expanding leading to deforestation and these diseases were present there but we never made contact with them due to humans usually not being there often. It's almost like there would be consequences if the human population just refused to stop expanding, who would have thought?).

China as a country is unfortunately located in a natural reservoir for some of these illnesses, that’s just the unfortunate environmental conditions and animals that exist there. On the other hand I don’t think the Chinese people are completely blameless. Their culture of eating exotic animals on the beliefs that they bestow some benefits to the consumer is still fairly strong, and that demand for those animals has encouraged having markets filled with various animals (including pouched) in close proximity that simply encourages the development and spread of new novel infections from one species to another. Even if their government says they will crack down on it, they’re leaving massive loopholes for “traditional medicine”.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 am Reply with quote
Erufailon4 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of shows this year end up getting delayed, especially in the summer season (and possibly fall). I'm personally worried about AoT S4 now since there's already been plenty of confusion about the possible studio change and this just adds to the mess.

I’m hoping they just cancel AoT s4 all together.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:20 am Reply with quote
Surprised how readily some are to believe various things happening are because of Coronavirus. Everyone already knows how insane anime production schedules are to begin with and while even a little delay that cautious behavior to avoid Coronavirus might inject into the activity would cause, months of delay is a stretch. I believe more likely is that the virus scare has allowed teams to blame delays they would like to have made anyway on the virus with the likelihood that others would accept that without fuss at the moment....Really just hope sometime soon people in that industry say "enough is enough" and agree to accepting more realistic schedules going forward...
HueyLion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quote
ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHH!

This virus is going to ruin us all!

Looking at the brighter side, I will now have time to reread Arc 4 when Volume 13 of the LN comes in June.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:44 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Surprised how readily some are to believe various things happening are because of Coronavirus. Everyone already knows how insane anime production schedules are to begin with and while even a little delay that cautious behavior to avoid Coronavirus might inject into the activity would cause, months of delay is a stretch. I believe more likely is that the virus scare has allowed teams to blame delays they would like to have made anyway on the virus with the likelihood that others would accept that without fuss at the moment....Really just hope sometime soon people in that industry say "enough is enough" and agree to accepting more realistic schedules going forward...

With anime production these days almost always involving some level of outsourcing, often to Chinese and Korean animation studios, I totally believe this delay is thanks in part to travel restrictions and quarantines effecting schedules. And I expect we'll be hearing about more delays going forward, especially for the summer season
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3