• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Anime's 3rd Season Delayed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:38 am Reply with quote
Watari really is a man ahead of his time, isn't he. He was delaying the final novel a year before the Covid-19 situation!

Bad jokes aside, sad news. Wish they'd announced it earlier, too.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:56 am Reply with quote
Ok that's it. COVID-19 has gone too far now! Evil or Very Mad
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:16 am Reply with quote
I've been expecting things to get delayed eventually and it's nice to see one just come out and say "We can wait" right from the start.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:49 am Reply with quote
NGNL is also delayed. I strongly suspect this is just the beginning of a big chain of delays that is going to ravage the spring season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bigbear032888

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:57 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Drunk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
NGNL is also delayed. I strongly suspect this is just the beginning of a big chain of delays that is going to ravage the spring season.

Pretty sure you mean NGL as in No Guns Life. Don't give NGNL fans hope for season 2. Very Happy
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 am Reply with quote
maybe if we're lucky everything will get delayed and then a season from now we're just back on track with everything except behind 1 season.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:08 am Reply with quote
Lobokendo wrote:
maybe if we're lucky everything will get delayed and then a season from now we're just back on track with everything except behind 1 season.

The problem with that is that it means future seasonal schedules get extremely cramped, which can cause several more series to fail financially than usual.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:21 am Reply with quote
This sucks, but lives are more important. I hope for the best. In the meantime I will rewatch my anime discs.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:25 am Reply with quote
*Goddangit*

First RE:Zero, now Yahari and NGL - the virus has officially gone too far this time.
Ushio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:33 am Reply with quote
So many studios are going to go bust because of this. Delayed shows may never even make it to release. I mean there is real concern ViacomCBS even with the multi billion dollar loan it's taken out could disappear due to the pandemic.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:48 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Key wrote:

Pretty sure you mean NGL as in No Guns Life. Don't give NGNL fans hope for season 2. Very Happy

Oh yeah, that confused me. I immediately had to look if I somehow missed a No Game No Life sequel.
Junovm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
Im very dissapointed. But more than that, why the F*CK would you delay it THREE days before the actual release date??? Couldnt they atleast announce a delay two WEEKS before this? What is wrong with these people.
Most people would actually assume it will indeed air on the day it was scheduled since its so close to release date.
I have no more words for this.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 am Reply with quote
Junovm wrote:
Im very dissapointed. But more than that, why the F*CK would you delay it THREE days before the actual release date??? Couldnt they atleast announce a delay two WEEKS before this? What is wrong with these people.
Most people would actually assume it will indeed air on the day it was scheduled since its so close to release date.
I have no more words for this.

State of emergency was just announced on 7 of Japan's prefectures hours ago. Go figure out what broke the camel's neck for those two shows.
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:22 pm Reply with quote
This sucks, truly. But for some it'll mean time to catch up on the show before S3, so...?

Yeah no there's no positive here. The amount of damage that this virus is causing to every industry is freaking awful and as an American anime fan I gotta say I'm really worried about what's gonna happen to the industry here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2