• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cygames Company Director Nobuhiro Takenaka

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quote
My only question would be "Do you have plans to either add English to Princess Connect RD like GBF has, or bring the game overseas in other ways?"
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I don't usually go out of my way to find out the company behind a series, but I wouldn't have guessed Princess Connect was done by a company with so few anime works under their belt. They did some great work with Manaria and Princess Connect is looking great as well (especially the environments, those can be simply stunning at times). I'm looking forward to seeing what they do next!
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Where's my Uma Musume Pretty Derby damnit!
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
My only question would be "Do you have plans to either add English to Princess Connect RD like GBF has, or bring the game overseas in other ways?"

I don't know if he even has the answer to that question, but holy heck, an English PriConne would be nice. It feels a bit late to introduce the game to a new audience, but no matter its form, I know a ton of people waiting for this to happen, even at the sacrifice of some events. I play in Japan, so I don't need it myself, but so many mobage would work with a Western audience.

That said, they need to navigate gacha carefully to make sure it's safe and legal. PriConne has the most generous gacha I know of, but gacha is still gacha. Gambling is bad in any form and I'd prefer the game be taken for its gaming and artistic merits than turn into an addiction for some people vulnerable to that kind of thing.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
That will be answer not for him though (it's outside of his area of competence, cause he is handling the animation studio), but for Kimura - the producer of GBF, Shadowverse and Priconne. Except yes, this was actually questioned long time ago at AX2019 interview – they thinking about it, but can't do the localization without a help in the West by themselves - because Re;Dive is actually quite big in terms of content, and even making the game to China, where Priconne now is huge deal even before the anime, had issues because they tried to force the content too fast.

And yeah, if you not thinking about the big players like FGO, it's actually can be a kill to launch - Symphogear XDU, which got through the same, not even lived a half of a year since the launch on the West.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
That will be answer not for him though (it's outside of his area of competence, cause he is handling the animation studio), but for Kimura - the producer of GBF, Shadowverse and Priconne. Except yes, this was actually questioned long time ago at AX2019 interview – they thinking about it, but can't do the localization without a help in the West by themselves - because Re;Dive is actually quite big in terms of content, and even making the game to China, where Priconne now is huge deal even before the anime, had issues because they tried to force the content too fast.

And yeah, if you not thinking about the big players like FGO, it's actually can be a kill to launch - Symphogear Anime hyperU, which got through the same, not even lived a half of a year since the launch on the West.

It was really the last line that got me.

Quote:
I hope that the anime becomes a gateway for people to learn about the game.

What would be the point of learning about the game if they weren't gonna release overseas?

Is it really bigger than something like GBF?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1