• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Arise RPG Delayed to After 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 am Reply with quote
wow that's terrible news
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 am Reply with quote
Kinda figured cause they haven't released any new trailers or playable characters yet.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:18 am Reply with quote
This is actually amazing news for a game in the Tales series, as all the main series entries post-Graces definitely felt like they could have benefited from about an extra year of dev time apiece. They had to lose multiple producers in the process, but it seems like Bamco has finally learned their lesson.
makoto99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:40 am Reply with quote
I have to give a little credit to them for admitting why. They could have just said "because covid" and most everyone wouldn't have really thought anything about it.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 am Reply with quote
I started (re-)playing through some of the Tales of Series and good Lord it truly needs some real fresh Air. Some Febreze again wouldnt be enough. Especially that horrible Combat.

If there is no "Anime" cut-scenes than its truly unfortunate. I really really liked those. The CGI scenes in Vesperia hurt my Eyes.
And what i've seen so far it completely lost its "Tales of" Look and looks pretty whatever. One can only hope it looks different in the Game..
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
A PS5 and Xbox Series X port for consoles is pretty damn likely now.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
This is actually amazing news for a game in the Tales series, as all the main series entries post-Graces definitely felt like they could have benefited from about an extra year of dev time apiece. They had to lose multiple producers in the process, but it seems like Bamco has finally learned their lesson.

Granted, I'm only 25 hours in it, but I'm playing Berseria right now and it's had none of the issues I had with Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2, and Zesteria (which all ranged from good to really good but had some issues. Except Xillia 2, that game just felt mostly soulless to me). In fact, if Berseria keeps this pace going, I could see it respectfully going as my 4th favorite after Abyss, Vesperia, and Symphonia.
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:09 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Granted, I'm only 25 hours in it, but I'm playing Berseria right now and it's had none of the issues I had with Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2, and Zesteria (which all ranged from good to really good but had some issues. Except Xillia 2, that game just felt mostly soulless to me). In fact, if Berseria keeps this pace going, I could see it respectfully going as my 4th favorite after Abyss, Vesperia, and Symphonia.
I can't really say anything in response to that because you haven't finished, nor do I want to say anything that might color your impressions of the remaining material. I will let myself say that Berseria was definitely better than Xillia 2 or, hate to admit it, Zestiria (though Zestiria X made up for its source material's shortcomings). A little more time in the pot would have only elevated it.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I was pretty sure this would happen, but it still sucks. Hopefully they will use the extra time properly, and Arise will send up truly great.
Gezzas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing is that IGN reported that the delay was caused by COVID-19 and not to increase the quality of the game. Both articles are based on the same press release but was interpreted differently author. I am kind of curious was it on purpose but at the end of a day it doesn't really matter because the game is delayed either way. I just hope that it is not development hell.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:42 am Reply with quote
I think there's definitely a change going on in Bamco during the past year. I really hope this is an indication that things are going to get better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1