• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The World Ends with You -The Animation- at Anime Expo Lite

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
It's a Wonderful World today. I'm not expecting much. Just glad that the anime finally happened. I wouldn't judge it like one would do with anime and manga. Does modern times include making Shiki bigger rather than what Nomura envisioned for her? lol I kid. I expected them to change that. Anyway, looking forward to seeing Yoshiya in action.

Quote:
Ishikawa hopes to bring something new to the table while still honoring the sound of his original work.

Ishikawa isn't the only original game staff member working on the new series.

You made a mistake. It is Ishimoto.

Quote:
The staff is supportive of the upcoming adaptation, but that doesn't mean Kazuya Ichikawa isn't feeling the pressure. The anime director's previous works include.... the mobage tie-in anime Monster Strike: Rain of Memories

Rain of Memories is the special. Ichikawa started with Monster Strike the Animation (season 1) then the director was changed for Season 2.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm intrigued that some of the game staff is involved in this as well, but I honestly don't expect a lot out of this adaptation, though I'm hoping to be proven wrong. But game adaptations just don't really work in anime form, if the plethora of otome game, card game, etc. anime have been anything to go by. Still, I'm down for checking this out, as a pretty fervent TWEWY fan. Very Happy
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:12 am Reply with quote
Well they got Ishimoto back, so hopefully we can expect another great soundtrack, and maybe some of the older stuff. The director really has me worried though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1