• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Yakuza Kiwami 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IKKIsama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yakuza Kiwami 2's recent release on the Xbox One means that the title is now accessible everywhere

What's that supposed to mean?
Arxana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 pm Reply with quote
IKKIsama wrote:
Quote:
Yakuza Kiwami 2's recent release on the Xbox One means that the title is now accessible everywhere

Previously the Yakuza games were found only on the PlayStation platform, but Sega recently released the games on PC and now the Xbox platform, making them more accessible than before (no Switch ports, though, and I wouldn’t hold my breath for them).
Araki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:57 pm Reply with quote
IKKIsama wrote:
Quote:

Sounded awfully like Sega or Microsoft's paid advertisement, lol. Especially considering it's not a new release and it's not available on Switch.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:11 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
IKKIsama wrote:
Quote:

Sounded awfully like Sega or Microsoft's paid advertisement, lol. Especially considering it's not a new release and it's not available on Switch.

It CAN'T be on Switch. It simply wouldn't run on it. This game was built from the ground up for PS4. It IS a new release, for Xbox. ANN is pretty good about disclosing paid articles, I doubt this is paid. The fact that they mention the other platforms kills any suspicion to me.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:12 am Reply with quote
*Switch owners slam their fists on a table near them and leave the same way as Kiryu in a certainly notable scene in the game*

Edit: Alternatively, I can't even unimagine them singing Bakamitai (even though the song itself isn't in the game).
vidjamouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Araki wrote:
IKKIsama wrote:
Quote:

It CAN'T be on Switch. It simply wouldn't run on it. This game was built from the ground up for PS4. It IS a new release, for Xbox. ANN is pretty good about disclosing paid articles, I doubt this is paid. The fact that they mention the other platforms kills any suspicion to me.

You're correct. This wasn't a sponsored review (author writing - hello). I do regret that I failed to mention there was no switch port. So its not accessible *everywhere* just more accessible than it had been in the past. Thanks for reading ;-]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1