• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Persona 4 the Golden Animation, Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, High Scho

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I've been hoping that Funi would start streaming the P4 anime just so it's back streaming somewhere, so this is... somewhat close.

(I'd really like Baccano to come back home to Funi, especially with whatever BD remaster was done a while back, so fingers still crossed.)
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I though the original P4 the Animation was still with Sentai Filmworks (thus under HiDive)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
I though the original P4 the Animation was still with Sentai Filmworks (thus under HiDive)

It is to my knowledge. This is the anime based on the Golden remake. IMO, the Golden anime is pretty inferior to the original anime. It's essentially made for people who either played the game already or at least watched the first anime. It moves pretty fast.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see the Sony connection continue to bring these two closer. Hopefully we can get some more reasonably priced releases from Funi for AoA titles in the future.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:

no, it expired a few years ago
Doc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:27 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed Servant × Service and was glad that I had gotten the physical release when Crunchyroll had dropped it. Nice to see it is back up someplace where people can access it again. Hopefully there will be another drop of shows that will include such titles as Silver Spoon.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Doc wrote:
I really enjoyed Servant × Service and was glad that I had gotten the physical release when Crunchyroll had dropped it. Nice to see it is back up someplace where people can access it again. Hopefully there will be another drop of shows that will include such titles as Silver Spoon.

Silver spoon made it's way to funimationn roughly a year ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1