• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice & Wolf VR 2 Anime to Support PS VR, PC, Switch, Oculus Rift/Go

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:05 am Reply with quote
Why no season 3? This was a wonderful anime!
Leviathonlx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:

From what I recall the author doesn't really care about getting a third season and if the author doesn't want it then not much else than can be done
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Leviathonlx wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

From what I recall the author doesn't really care about getting a third season and if the author doesn't want it then not much else than can be done
This is 100% wrong - Spicy Tails is literally Hasekura doujin circle, so it's actually author who ONLY DO SOMETHING for franchise at all besides writing LN.

It's not Hasekura who actually not care at this point - it's Kadokawa as LN publisher, because you cannot get the budget for the continuation of series without them giving the green light as part of production commitee model. In plus, making that VR episodes is damn cheaper than making even the anime OVA episode - for first VR episode on Kickstarter they asked just less than ~80k USD.
AManOfCharacter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Spicy Wolf VR worked pretty well on my Index.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Leviathonlx wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

This is 100% wrong - Spicy Tails is literally Hasekura doujin circle, so it's actually author who ONLY DO SOMETHING for franchise at all besides writing LN.

It's not Hasekura who actually not care at this point - it's Kadokawa as LN publisher, because you cannot get the budget for the continuation of series without them giving the green light as part of production commitee model. In plus, making that VR episodes is damn cheaper than making even the anime OVA episode - for first VR episode on Kickstarter they asked just less than ~80k USD.
Myabe so but they could've just opened a kickstarter for the anime too ya know, kinda says a lot when I look at kickstarters like Might No. 9 and then see a KS for a VR game that while yes MUCH cheaper to make, could've been a kickstarter for a 3rd season of the S&W anime. If it did well, Kadokawa would've prolly jumped on finishing the rest without the neeed for another KS and who knows, may've been enough to green light a 3erd season if the KS funds and such were enough even if it hadn't met the goal itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1