• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin 'Final Chapter' Films' Teaser Reveals April, June 2021 Openings

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the second film is titled "The Beginning" because it's going to feature Kenshin and Tomoe's backstory in the first half before the final fight with Enishi.
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:46 am Reply with quote
Kind of crazy we're getting the Jinchu Arc of Kenshin in live action movie form before ever having it animated. We need a Kenshin anime reboot a la Hunter x Hunter.
Lin Liren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the Martial-Arts Choreographer is the same Gentleman as that of the Previous Trilogy: He studied under Master Yuen Woo-Ping of "The Matrix" and Jet Li's "Once Upon A Time In China" series fame in Hong Kong before bringing master Yuen's Wuxia-Style of combat back to Japan, and boy did it show in the balletic savage beauty, particularly in the Four Heroes Versus Shishio Makoto Finale.

For this Duo of films his Direction would be doubly appropriate, as Enishi, the villain of this arc, fights in a Chinese Wushu style, which will allow the choreographer to return to his Hong Kong Action Cinema roots. Smile
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Lin Liren wrote:
Hopefully the Martial-Arts Choreographer is the same Gentleman as that of the Previous Trilogy: He studied under Master Yuen Woo-Ping of "The Matrix" and Jet Li's "Once Upon A Time In China" series fame in Hong Kong before bringing master Yuen's Wuxia-Style of combat back to Japan, and boy did it show in the balletic savage beauty, particularly in the Four Heroes Versus Shishio Makoto Finale.

For this Duo of films his Direction would be doubly appropriate, as Enishi, the villain of this arc, fights in a Chinese Wushu style, which will allow the choreographer to return to his Hong Kong Action Cinema roots. Smile

I hope so and considering how much they seem to be tapping on previous talent it wouldn't be too shocking if it was.
Nakottih

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:10 am Reply with quote
jeromeskee wrote:
Kind of crazy we're getting the Jinchu Arc of Kenshin in live action movie form before ever having it animated. We need a Kenshin anime reboot a la Hunter x Hunter.

Agreed Exclamation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1