• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - The Night is Long is a 90 Minute Bender

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:25 am Reply with quote
Scorching hot take: Night is Short, Walk On Girl > Tatami Galaxy. Mainly because it doesn't spit mile a minute dialogue that you have to focus on at the expense of the visuals and Black-Haired Girl is much more likeable than "Me" as a protagonist.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Back in the day I was able to keep up with the Tatami Galaxy narrator, but the last time I tried to watch it, I had a pretty hard time.

Still, Tatami Galaxy's OP and ED were great --- I never skipped them.

The night is short, walk on girl was a lot of fun, especially with the cameos of some of the Tatami Galaxy characters. I guess I was just in the right mood for the amateur theater bit.

Unfortunately, Night is short, Eccentric Family, and Tatami Galaxy are somewhat mixed up in my memory --- which was the one with the three-story boat/tram-car with the party?

I want to find that book fair (it was also in Tatami Galaxy).
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:

Unfortunately, Night is short, Eccentric Family, and Tatami Galaxy are somewhat mixed up in my memory --- which was the one with the three-story boat/tram-car with the party?.

It was in Eccentric family and Tatami Galaxy iirc, Juroujin was in Eccentric Family as well in a different form. The same/similar characters seem to appear in several of the author's works.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I guess I'll just have to watch all three again.
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Seeing this in theaters was a delight. I also think that the climax with the crazy animation is the most accurate depiction of a literal fever dream I've ever seen. I have felt exactly like that when I've been bedridden with a fever and you just kind of space out and your imagination/daydreaming goes haywire, especially how it all ramps up and then just dissipates (if I'm remembering correctly, a bit like Pink Elephants On Parade).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1