• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers Dino Fury Promo Video Reveals February 20 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:20 am Reply with quote
It's actually quite wild (and frankly, about freakin' time) that there's actually a gender-swapped Ranger which hasn't happened since Wild Force back in 2002!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:13 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It's actually quite wild (and frankly, about freakin' time) that there's actually a gender-swapped Ranger which hasn't happened since Wild Force back in 2002!

Is it really that important? I mean most of the time they gender swapped so the teams wouldn't be COMPLETE sausage fests (which is understandable). Every sentai after Gaoranger had at least two girls on the team (minus Hurricanger (Ninja Storm), Abaranger (Dino Thunder), and Gekiranger (Jungle Fury)). I mean its cool theres a female green (though I believe they only did that because the current sentai, Kiramaiger, has a female green), but its not like its something that's been clamored for.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:51 am Reply with quote
True, those Sentai shows after Gaoranger didn't really really need to gender swap a Ranger for Power Rangers since some of them already have 2 females on the team. But the other ones you've mentioned before that had 1 female in the Sentai that were kept in Power Rangers are the ones I'm hung up on. And those are the ones that started with 3 members in a team before adding 2 more which tends to be both guys. So I thought it would have been neat change of pace of the series if Power Rangers had one of the additional Rangers be a female.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1