• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bushiroad Reports Losses in 2nd Quarter Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Changeman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 am Reply with quote
Could you please introduce in the material or at least answer me what is said about assault Lily in the material in Japanese?
I thought the series had been a success since, in addition to achieving high popularity, it also had good sales on Blu-ray.

Blu-ray vol 1 - 6,276 copies sold so far.
Blu-ray vol 2 - 5689 copies sold so far.
WingKing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 am Reply with quote
Changeman wrote:
Could you please introduce in the material or at least answer me what is said about assault Lily in the material in Japanese?

I ran it through Google Translate and what it's basically saying is that Bushiroad were heavily invested in both Assault Lily Bouquet and D4DJ First Mix, and because both of them aired in the Fall season instead of being spread out (Assault Lily was Covid-delayed from the summer), they sort of cannibalized each other.
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
The market for all TCGs (except MTG) is booming, and it has created a sort of an investor mindset. Digimon, Dragon Ball Super, Flesh & Blood, and now Weiss Schwarz. Weiss Schwarz has exploded thanks to Date A Live coming to English, and the extreme secondary market spikes from sequel sets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1