• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: SaGa Frontier Remastered

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Does Takanomics still work in this version, or did they patch it?
Vanadise

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Does Takanomics still work in this version, or did they patch it?

Yep, both that and the junk shop glitch are still here.

This is a really great remake; all of the quality-of-life features it adds make it a lot friendlier to new (and old) players, but it still keeps all of the rough edges that the old players loved about it.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:32 pm Reply with quote
LOL I remember being stuck on this game for like a week, because there's an endgame fight you can just casually run into in the first dungeon. Not knowing anything about the game, I thought it was the first boss Laughing
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:31 pm Reply with quote
A mighty fine review. Yeah, sounds like it really is awesome. It just makes me wanna purchase it more.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 8:13 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
LOL I remember being stuck on this game for like a week, because there's an endgame fight you can just casually run into in the first dungeon. Not knowing anything about the game, I thought it was the first boss Laughing

Yeah, that's Lute, a.k.a. "The 100% Open-World Character". You get an intro, followed by immediate access to the final battle. He's meant to be the character where you just do whatever the hell you want, and finish it whenever you feel like it.

Personally, I never played SaGa Frontier before this release, but I've been loving it. I chose Red first, and while I initially moved forward through his plot too fast (the first half of his plot is super linear), I quickly started over & took my time. Now I'm near Red's end, and I have had a ball playing this game. After I finish Red I'll probably move on to Blue, and after that I might be willing to come back to this game every now & then with a new character, especially since the New Game+ apparently stacks, so the more characters you finish the more powerful you can start the next one as.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, that all sounded great till the end there Laughing

I wasn't going to pick it up soon anyway since I've got plenty to play, but maybe with a big enough sale I'll pick it up and check it out. It does sound like it could be fun if it doesn't frustrate the hell out of me
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:37 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Well, that all sounded great till the end there Laughing

I wasn't going to pick it up soon anyway since I've got plenty to play, but maybe with a big enough sale I'll pick it up and check it out. It does sound like it could be fun if it doesn't frustrate the hell out of me

It's only $25 as it is, with the amount of content in it I can guarantee you that's a reasonable price. I'm actually surprised they made the price so low from the beginning.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:29 pm Reply with quote
TsubomiKoneko wrote:

It's only $25 as it is, with the amount of content in it I can guarantee you that's a reasonable price. I'm actually surprised they made the price so low from the beginning.

Reasonable or not, if I'm not going to play it right away, there's no reason to buy it at full price. Even more so if I'm not fully sold on it.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

I remember being stuck on a character because of a glitch that made the screen dark and could never advance. It was a rent too, so never made alot of progress, so glad to finally own and play now!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1