Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Sgt. Frog Anime to Catalog




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ab2143



Joined: 09 Jan 2021
Posts: 320
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as it’s a Discotek license, I should have expected that it would only stream in US and Canada...

The late Keiji Fujiwara was amazing as the narrator and Paul
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4329
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
Seeing as it’s a Discotek license, I should have expected that it would only stream in US and Canada...

The late Keiji Fujiwara was amazing as the narrator and Paul
I would get that, only Miss Machiko and Osomatsu-Kun are Discotek shows, yet are available outside of NA.


Last edited by MarshalBanana on Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
MagicPolly



Joined: 26 Nov 2020
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
ab2143 wrote:
Seeing as it’s a Discotek license, I should have expected that it would only stream in US and Canada...

The late Keiji Fujiwara was amazing as the narrator and Paul
I would get that, only Miss Machiko and Osomatsu-San are Discotek shows, yet are available outside of NA.

I thought Osomatsu was Viz?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blahmoomoo



Joined: 27 Jan 2020
Posts: 163
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:32 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
ab2143 wrote:
Seeing as it’s a Discotek license, I should have expected that it would only stream in US and Canada...

The late Keiji Fujiwara was amazing as the narrator and Paul
I would get that, only Miss Machiko and Osomatsu-San are Discotek shows, yet are available outside of NA.

I thought Osomatsu was Viz?


Osomatsu-kun, the original show, is Discotek. Osomatsu-san, the new one, is Viz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MoonPhase1



Joined: 29 Nov 2007
Posts: 430
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I think it’s also still on the Funimation service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2500
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:
I thought Osomatsu was Viz?


Osomatsu-kun, the original show, is Discotek. Osomatsu-san, the new one, is Viz.


Not to be confused with the 1960s version, the show Discotek has is the 1980s one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4329
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:08 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
ab2143 wrote:
Seeing as it’s a Discotek license, I should have expected that it would only stream in US and Canada...

The late Keiji Fujiwara was amazing as the narrator and Paul
I would get that, only Miss Machiko and Osomatsu-San are Discotek shows, yet are available outside of NA.

I thought Osomatsu was Viz?
Oh yeah sorry, i meant Kun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
FranceHopper



Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Posts: 36
Location: South Waterfront, Portland, OR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Funimation also released Season 3 on disk, up to episode 78.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group