• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Licenses Record of Ragnarok Manga With Planned Fall Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:57 am Reply with quote
Oh thank you Adam.

Please localize Kengan Ashura too.
Mavado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:17 am Reply with quote
About time. Can't wait.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:55 pm Reply with quote
For anyone disappointed in the anime, now they can legally check out the original.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Despite the reactions from manga hardcores, the anime was in the Netflix Top 10 over the weekend. There's definitely interest.
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Finally. I was wondering why it was taking publishers so damn long to finally publish this manga. After the anime was announced last year I was expecting someone like Yen press to swoop in and take it. But we gotta wait until next year for a physical release? Come on!
JonDoe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Despite the reactions from manga hardcores, the anime was in the Netflix Top 10 over the weekend. There's definitely interest.

Those negative reactions are coming from everyone. And being in the Netflix Top 10 doesn't mean much. Just about every show/movie that Netflix acquires ends up cracking the Top 10 on the day of they're release.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:26 pm Reply with quote
JonDoe wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Those negative reactions are coming from everyone. And being in the Netflix Top 10 doesn't mean much. Just about every show/movie that Netflix acquires ends up cracking the Top 10 on the day of they're release.

Especially with how hard it was being promoted.
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:29 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

Jupiter's Legacy was in Netflix's top ten for at least two weeks (No. 1 in its first week and 2 in its 2nd), but they've still cancelled plans for future seasons.

I don't mean to be negative about Ragnarok, it's just that I'm wary of Netflix's rankings
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
Just curious, how long has the manga been popular with English-speaking fans? I was not aware of the existence of this series until after the anime launched on Netflix last week.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:01 am Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Jupiter's Legacy was in Netflix's top ten for at least two weeks (No. 1 in its first week and 2 in its 2nd), but they've still cancelled plans for future seasons.

I don't mean to be negative about Ragnarok, it's just that I'm wary of Netflix's rankings

Jupiter's Legacy also cost over $200 million dollars and was lambasted by pretty much everyone. I don't think Ragnarok was nearly that expensive (although the top 10 placement was verified by a third party).
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I don't know about the reactions of manga hardcores - but as someone who has never read the manga (always wanted to check it out, never got around doing it, decided to watch the anime when it came out) I really hope the manga is better than the show. Watching the anime it's kind of mindboggling how they managed to make a concept like this, with elements that should be fun, so mind-rottingly boring.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1