• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Screens Knights of Sidonia Anime Film in Theaters on September 13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 am Reply with quote
Is Alex Shi a pseudonym? I can't think why they couldn't get Stephanie Sheh back

I like Jad Saxton but it kind of sucks they couldn't get Marieve Herington back for Yuhata. I guess because it's not a Union dub?
SP654

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am Reply with quote
Seriously it’s only two months away now
JRPictures

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:04 am Reply with quote
Kinda wild to see this happen. Netflix loses the streaming rights, Sentai seemingly still holds the home video for Seasons 1 and 2 and now Funi are streaming S1 & 2 AND licensed the sequel film.

Also where was the dub cast for the movie supplied? Funi's blog post is the only sourced link but it wasn't shared on there, so did they send it to you guys directly? Regardless good to see they at least got most of the main cast back besides Yuhata

MFrontier wrote:
Is Alex Shi a pseudonym? I can't think why they couldn't get Stephanie Sheh back

Sheh recorded the original show under the alias Alexi Shi, so it's more than likely to still be her here.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 am Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:
Kinda wild to see this happen. Netflix loses the streaming rights, Sentai seemingly still holds the home video for Seasons 1 and 2 and now Funi are streaming S1 & 2 AND licensed the sequel film.

I assume Sentai's home video rights will expire soon.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:08 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

I like Jad Saxton but it kind of sucks they couldn't get Marieve Herington back for Yuhata. I guess because it's not a Union dub?

probably a combination of that and being busy focusing more on cartoons and games these days(she has a singing career too,band and all) .She didn't come back for season 2 of One Punch Man(and the game) for similar reasons either.
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Is Sentai going out of business or something?
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:01 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Is Sentai going out of business or something?

Of course not

If anything this is good because knowing Sentai these days, they would have stayed in-house and recast everyone for it's dub or released it sub-only like the Ajin OADs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1