• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses MonsTABOO, Lost Lad London, Re:Zero: The Frozen Bond, Bungo Stray Dogs: Dea

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:49 pm Reply with quote
From what I've heard Your Forma is slowly becoming the next big thing.

MonsTABOO sounds like it could be pretty cute.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:25 pm Reply with quote
On Frozen Bonds:

Quote:
An anime-original story is now its own manga!

While the original written short story was included in the first season's BD release, it's technically not "anime-original" because the OVA was adapting the written story.
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Ooh more manwha coming. Plus Stormbringer coming earlier than I expected
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:43 am Reply with quote
Honestly, this seems like one of the best collection of licences that Yen Press has grabbed in a while. Your Forma sounds so good. And as a sci-fi light novel, it's a nice breath of fresh air within the overpopulated fantasy driven sphere of English LNs. MonsTABOO and the Manwha are also really nice grabs, and I'm excited to see all of these in print.

But the one that really has my interest is Lost Lad London. I'm really getting into these releases we're getting in North America for these more "realistic" settings for manga. Go With the Clouds: North-by-Northwest has been a favourite of mine lately, and so I'm really interested in seeing more that seem to echo that vibe. And this gives me echoes of that, despite being a different genre.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:12 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
On Frozen Bonds:

Quote:
An anime-original story is now its own manga!

While the original written short story was included in the first season's BD release, it's technically not "anime-original" because the OVA was adapting the written story.

My take is if the first version of an anime-related IP that was officially released is an anime but it later gets manga/light novel adaptations, I would still consider an anime-original story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1