• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Arifureta - From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 Anime's 2nd Promo Video Reveals, Pr

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:54 am Reply with quote
Animation looks much more on-point, MindaRayn sounds great, and it is kind of nice to see Hajime and the gang again.

Is that angel finally going to give Hajime a good fight? And she's voiced by Rina Sato.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Animation looks much more on-point, MindaRayn sounds great, and it is kind of nice to see Hajime and the gang again.

Is that angel finally going to give Hajime a good fight? And she's voiced by Rina Sato.

Anything with Satou Rina is a plus in my book.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy these characters and I'm very much looking forward to this.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:20 pm Reply with quote
The first anime was kind of a mess, but I still really enjoyed it, and am definitely really looking forward to more!
Feng Lengshun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the original LN but I have to admit that I am confused as to how and why did this got a second season. Hope it'll be less of a mess but I think a lot of people are going to go in expecting a mess.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Feng Lengshun wrote:
I'm a fan of the original LN but I have to admit that I am confused as to how and why did this got a second season. Hope it'll be less of a mess but I think a lot of people are going to go in expecting a mess.

From what I remember it sold surprisingly well despite the...less than stellar production values.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 am Reply with quote
The production values weren't the only major thing wrong with the adaptation. So much was cut out from the first season, that it will be interesting to see how they recover from those cuts.

Are they going to completely erase the Hoelscher Empire and Beastman Country of Verbergen from the anime part of the franchise? Or try to recover with a bunch of flashbacks of scenes that we should have seen in the first season.

I am a fan of the series. Read the light novels and the manga. So I am in for the ride, no matter how the journey turns out. Hoping for the best, with a fatalistic mind set.
Cryten

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many more ladies this guy can acquire without anyone wanting any kind of devotion or personal time invested in them. Though I likely will watch anyway. Isekai trash all the way. At least the show got fun after it got out of the first dungeon. The first 2-3 eps where miserable but it managed to get past its 100% angst mode. I guess sleeping with a Loli-baba vampire can mellow a guy out.

The chunni make anything god slayer returns. Sex jokes to follow.
Feng Lengshun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Cryten wrote:
I wonder how many more ladies this guy can acquire without anyone wanting any kind of devotion or personal time invested in them.

From what I recall, spoiler[Kaori and Shea are the focus after Yue in terms of 'personal time'. Everyone else wants them, but the story doesn't devote as much for them as those three.]

The Princess spoiler[was particularly bad, as she was basically just simping for Hajime and only really got together in the epilogue - at least in the WN. Shizuku got treated much better (which is good because she is the actual best girl) and Tio gets about as much focus as Konosuba's Chris with the same Darkness-like "masochist royal" comedy.]

Edit: added spoiler tags. Errinundra.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Feng Lengshun wrote:
Shizuku got treated much better (which is good because she is the actual best girl).

I prefer Aiko myself but after recently reading through volume 8 Shizuku is growing one me :p

I Think i love this series because unlike most Harem animes I've enjoyed the protag isnt a weak willed easily pushed over protag and pretty much does whatever the hell he wants >.>
chex mix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 am Reply with quote
Feng Lengshun wrote:
Cryten wrote:
I wonder how many more ladies this guy can acquire without anyone wanting any kind of devotion or personal time invested in them.

<snip>

Dude. Massive spoilers here.
Cryten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:39 am Reply with quote
Well I dont mind really. I just rewatched season 1's ending and how wonky the animation and characters where gave me a chuckle at least every 2-3 minutes. So for myself, at least, Im not that invested in the show for the story. Just amused at the power trips and how every single cute girl tries to jump him. That a princess wouldnt try and be part of the harem would the the bigger surprise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1