• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Devil is a Part-Timer! Anime's 2nd Season Gets News on December 12

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:27 pm Reply with quote
can't believe it's been 12 years since the phenomenal first season.

In that time the light novel has already finished Anime hyper
It's a shame that the light novel ending is so stupid and dropped the ball so hard.

Luckily, season 2 ain't covering any of that garbage and is still on the good stuff
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I'd argue the point where the kid is introduced is when things started going downhill... There's a reason a lot of show last season is the one where a kid is introduced.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
It's a shame that the light novel ending is so stupid and dropped the ball so hard.

If you mean who Maou ended up with, I disagree, best girl won. If you meant the plot, I haven't read the last volume yet so you might be right?
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:

If you mean who Maou ended up with, I disagree, best girl won. If you meant the plot, I haven't read the last volume yet so you might be right?

That's definitely subjective. I for one hope the announcement is that it's going to be an anime original ending, lol. I've frankly never been so disappointed with the direction a series I followed for so long decided to go.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
can't believe it's been 12 years since the phenomenal first season.

First season was 2013, so it hasn't been that long, though still it has been awhile.
cchigu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:31 pm Reply with quote
"Phenomenal" first season. Seems like these words are losing meaning. The show was decent, at best.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:
That's definitely subjective. I for one hope the announcement is that it's going to be an anime original ending, lol. I've frankly never been so disappointed with the direction a series I followed for so long decided to go.

They could do that, or they could set up the ending better. I remember reading that the director of season one was a shipper for what would turn out to be the final girl of the light novels (although things were leaning the other direction at the time) and shifted things slightly to make his fave look a little better - and his non-fave look a little bit worse.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:43 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
"Phenomenal" first season. Seems like these words are losing meaning. The show was decent, at best.

All right, I'll bite. Why do you even care?
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Gray Lensman wrote:
They could do that, or they could set up the ending better. I remember reading that the director of season one was a shipper for what would turn out to be the final girl of the light novels (although things were leaning the other direction at the time) and shifted things slightly to make his fave look a little better - and his non-fave look a little bit worse.

This is what I cant stand about adaptations. Directors should in no way be doing something like that.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:

Even besides the conclusion to the romance, which I also think was bad, the entire Volume is just a cluster f**k.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I was never a avid fan of the show found it to be a decent watch but always wondered why it took so long for a second season to be announced. If I find the time for it I may watch the second season.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:22 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
This is what I cant stand about adaptations. Directors should in no way be doing something like that.

Not always - Kampfer had different final girls between the light novel and the manga, and that was a decision from the initial author. If the anime had been able to reach the conclusion, it was supposed to feature the third girl at the end - but since that would have been the "childhood best friend" you just know an anime isn't going to go with that ending without some sort of cop-out like "But they were ALL childhood friends!"
DarkJak2050

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm hopping we'll get a release date from this event, so I can watch season 1 in preperation.
catone2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:54 pm Reply with quote
And as for me, I loved the ending so I hope they stick with it if they continue the adaptation. Nor do I ever let fan shipping get in the way of what's canon.

Even if I didn't like it, I still wouldn't want changes.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
So the guy ended up with the girl different from what you expect big deal, be glad that at least someone won.

If u want to talk about a bad ending just look at the Haganai ln. That was a clusterfuck so much that it made the whole journey of the entire series pointless. those who read will know why.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2