• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer: Final Fantasy XVI Game's Development 'Delayed by Almost a Half Year' Due to COVID-19

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:57 am Reply with quote
Trust in Yoshi-P. He works hard to deliver for the fans. Covid is delaying a lot of things so thats nothing new. Besides, the delay is good for Japan because of the PS5's current state. This is a series that currently sells 1 million in Japan as shown with 15 and 7R. 15 had to crawl to it (physically), but 7R showed growth by doing it in 3 days during a state of emergency in a pandemic, which resulted in a really high digital rate. 16 is in a weird state that you can't predict it so easily due to the PS5. Obviously, everyone in Japan could just buy it without owning a PS5, but that's not happening.
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:31 pm Reply with quote
take your time, we're willing to wait for greatness
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
YoshiP has earned the credit to give him plenty of room for inconveniences here and there. It still sucks for the inevitable money sink that wasted time eats into a development project. I pray that executive decisions don't rush him or his team. I have never been so excited for a new numbered FF title. I don't want to put too much trust in a game that hasn't released yet, but YoshiP has so far done very little to disappoint me, so I'm willing to ride this train to the end, for better or worse. Lol
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:19 pm Reply with quote
It's not surprising in a world of COVID delays but I hope the developers have the time they need to deliver their vision for this new mainline FF game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1