• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Game Gets Remastered Version This Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zendervai

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, that covers the remaster in that announcement late last year.

I guess there's only really two viable possibilities for the remake now. SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited Saga. I feel like Unlimited Saga is probably more likely, there's not much of a reason to fully remake SaGa Frontier 2.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Zendervai wrote:
Well, that covers the remaster in that announcement late last year.

I guess there's only really two viable possibilities for the remake now. SaGa Frontier 2 and Unlimited Saga. I feel like Unlimited Saga is probably more likely, there's not much of a reason to fully remake SaGa Frontier 2.

Kawazu has already stated that the end goal is to remaster all of the remaining SaGa games, or at least the ones released on console, so Frontier 2 & Unlimited will both happen in the future.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:23 am Reply with quote
Ouch those character model look like those crappy browser game that to turn your face into in game avatar and then are just a really crappy second life ish nothing.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:33 am Reply with quote
It's only a matter of time until Saga Frontier 2. If they did the same thing with the prequel, we might get a whole lot of additional scenarios.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:09 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
It's only a matter of time until Saga Frontier 2. If they did the same thing with the prequel, we might get a whole lot of additional scenarios.

I highly doubt the same would happen for Frontier 2. SaGa Frontier 1 was an infamously unfinished game when it came out on PS1, and the remastered version was their way of finally adding in the content that they always wanted to have in there from the start. In comparison, SaGa Frontier 2 was more or less a complete game on release, so I doubt they'd add in brand new scenarios for a remaster of that.
vampiyan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:00 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
I highly doubt the same would happen for Frontier 2. SaGa Frontier 1 was an infamously unfinished game when it came out on PS1, and the remastered version was their way of finally adding in the content that they always wanted to have in there from the start. In comparison, SaGa Frontier 2 was more or less a complete game on release, so I doubt they'd add in brand new scenarios for a remaster of that.

Never say never. Romancing Saga 3's remaster added in a bonus dungeon with story and New Game+. SaGa remasters tend to be some of the best ones so fingers crossed we see the trend continue.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Minstrel's Song is the single most impressive work of nonlinear interactive fiction. Well, not that there are many contenders, but it's damned impressive and a bit sad that no subsequent games have tried to construct similarly reactive worlds. It's not often you'll find an interactive story operating on more than just the axis of what the player decides to do.

But, uh, damn. Definitely gettin this on PC so I can cheat. The actual gameplay was pretty nightmarishly rough, as I recall. IIRC one character can almost immediately encounter an NG+ level super boss right after starting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1