• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Launches New Toku Time Label for Tokusatsu Shows

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This new label flew by me when following the Twitter thread since I thought it was one of their random slides. Kinda makes me wonder if reprints of Star Fleet, Juspion, Message From Space & Cutie Honey: The Live will be updated to include that in the covers.

Anyway, very glad they haven't given up on Metal Heroes and will be looking forward to Gavan. Wasn't aware there was a HD film remaster until after I saw that slide, apparently it got Blu-ray Box releases in 2017 so it was around the time that Goranger did.

Makes me wonder if they have any of the later entries that aren't a legal nightmare to get like the Super Sentai crossovers are due to Hasbro.
Aresef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:16 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
This new label flew by me when following the Twitter thread since I thought it was one of their random slides. Kinda makes me wonder if reprints of Star Fleet, Juspion, Message From Space & Cutie Honey: The Live will be updated to include that in the covers.

Anyway, very glad they haven't given up on Metal Heroes and will be looking forward to Gavan. Wasn't aware there was a HD film remaster until after I saw that slide, apparently it got Blu-ray Box releases in 2017 so it was around the time that Goranger did.

Makes me wonder if they have any of the later entries that aren't a legal nightmare to get like the Super Sentai crossovers are due to Hasbro.

The crossover films exist in a bit of a licensing black hole. This is the case for all of them. Going back to MMPR, the deal with Toei allows the makers of PR the exclusive right to license other material like the movies. But Saban Entertainment and successive owners have only exercised those rights now and then, like Oh vs. Kaku, Go Go V vs. Gingaman and the Shinkenger movies.

Anyway, I flipped my lid for Gavan. I was actually having a Discord chat with Mike Dent during the panel and he revealed that he knew it was coming and then on the next slide I realized why.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1