• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SNK Develops New Fatal Fury/Garou Fighting Game Title

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to the eventual deluge of people asking "Wait... When did Geese Howard die?! He's still in KOF XV!", not realizing that Fatal Fury takes place in the "main" SNK universe, where Geese died after Real Bout Fatal Fury 1, while KOF is its own universe, where Geese never died.

It's why Nakoruru was part of Team "Another World" in KOF XIV, after all. Still, awesome to see Mark of the Wolves 2 finally being given a second chance, and I'm already happy that Billy Kane is effectively confirmed to be in it, based on the key art shown (the other silhouetted person is obviously Kain R. Heinlein, Rock's uncle & MotW1's final boss).
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Time to make a comeback!
LadroAnima

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I was content with KoF, but this is great news. I guess its never too long between games if a 23 year gap doesnt stop them.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I had faith that someday they would announce the sequel, perhaps Terry's appearance in Smash Ultimate and Fighting Ex-Layer and the positive reception KOF XV has earned finally convinced SNK to do it. I hope that some of the developers who worked on the cancelled Garou 2 are working on this, the promo artwork was drawn by Tonko so that's a good sign.
Obviously, the game will come out in two or three years, I assume it's going to be in 3D, so perhaps they can recycle some of the character animation from KOF XV for this game (Terry, Rock, B. Jenet, Gato and Tizoc are playable in KOF XV), though I wish SNK could make the artstyle different from the current KOF games. In terms of the roster, I hope all of the characters from the original Garou can make a comeback, as well as those who were planned for Garou 2 like Joe Higashi's apprentice. It seems Billy Kane is on the promotional poster so maybe they could add some characters from previous FF games, I'd love to see characters like Alfred, Xiangfei and Rick.
Also, I hope SNK will keep Marco Rodríguez name as it is, it's hard to take seriously a character named Butt
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:28 pm Reply with quote
King of Fighters has been my favorite fighting series for ages now. Would really love for this to be a true return to classic 2D fighter, but I'd settle for something like DNF Duel since KOF XV has the 3D style already.
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 am Reply with quote
This is very good news, I really can't wait to see it.

I hope now SNK revive the Last Blade series
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1