• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Devil Is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Anime's English Dub Premieres on August 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I was checking Crunchyroll about every other day to see if I had somehow missed the first dubbed episode.

It's good to see Aaron Dismuke on there. His vocal rest for reprisals from last season turned into not being in them at all, but I don't know if that is because it took longer than expected to recover, or if after enough episodes were recorded it was decided it would be better not to switch late in the season.
RommieSG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Great to see that they were able to reunite the principal cast after so long. Will make a smooth transition from S1 to S2.
RamiKing765

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I was checking Crunchyroll about every other day to see if I had somehow missed the first dubbed episode.

It's good to see Aaron Dismuke on there. His vocal rest for reprisals from last season turned into not being in them at all, but I don't know if that is because it took longer than expected to recover, or if after enough episodes were recorded it was decided it would be better not to switch late in the season.

Aaron mentioned on his Twitter page that it took a bit longer to recover from his health problems. He explained them on a twitter thread back in May: https://twitter.com/Aaron__Dismuke/status/1531468246196576256?s=20&t=s-O7IRDJkdemqZwiKTjCPQ
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they were able to bring the English cast back and waited long enough for Felicia and Aaron to reprise their roles instead of having placeholders for the first few episodes.

Sarah as Alas Ramus will likely be super adorable.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

Yeah I met Aaron at Animeverse a couple weeks ago and he said one day he woke up and he could barely talk. Said he blamed himself for straining it too much and not being careful enough.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I'm glad they were able to bring the English cast back and waited long enough for Felicia and Aaron to reprise their roles instead of having placeholders for the first few episodes.

Sarah as Alas Ramus will likely be super adorable.

Yeah, this is great that the English cast was able to return, and that they didn't rush it before they'd be able to be back.

Yup, already adorable in the little clip they posted.

RamiKing765 wrote:
Aaron mentioned on his Twitter page that it took a bit longer to recover from his health problems. He explained them on a twitter thread back in May: https://twitter.com/Aaron__Dismuke/status/1531468246196576256?s=20&t=s-O7IRDJkdemqZwiKTjCPQ

Oh so that's what happened, I had no idea either, thanks, glad to see it sounds like the recovery is making progress now, one of my favs.

Also, whew, glad Dr. Stone has coincidentally been on extended break between seasons, wouldn't be the same with a placeholder until he could return. He's such a perfect Senku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1