• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness (TV).

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:10 am Reply with quote

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness (TV)

Source: Light Novel (ongoing @ 3 volumes, written by Sametarō Fukada, illustrated by Sakura Miwabe)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Digital Network Animation, Zero-G

Genres: comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life

Themes: aristocracy, wizards

Plot Summary: Betrayed by her betrothed and bullied by her family, a young noblewoman named Charlotte Evans flees her home and stumbles into the hands of Allen Crawford, a misanthropic wizard known as the Dark Lord who lives in a solitary mansion deep in the forest.

When he hears the sad story of Charlotte's pitiful life, he discovers a new calling—giving her a crash course in all things naughty, from late-night feasts of cake and ramen to sleeping in till the afternoon, from dressing up in cute outfits to fun-filled days at the beach. Allen is determined to pamper Charlotte with every irresistible pleasure imaginable.

Air Date & Platform:
October 4, 2023 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: 12 episodes
----------------------------------

So the actual full name of this franchise is (*big inhale*...):

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness: I'll Spoil Her with Delicacies and Style to Make Her the Happiest Woman in the World!

That's 29 words, 162 characters.

Please tell me there's a catchy shorthand name for this. If not, please make one up and start passing/trending it around the Internet.

Last edited by Tony K. on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edjwald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:48 pm Reply with quote
So despite it's title, I can see Crashcourse filling the place that Pastor Lawrence and Saint Cecilla filled last season for some viewers, assuming it doesn't get boring or annoying when more characters get introduced. It's a sweet show whose comedy seems to come from the "Demon Lord" wanting to be a villain but obviously being a pussy cat. And the rewarding part comes from seeing a nice person who was badly treated get a break. Doesn't have the other show's hints of a more developed world and storyline though.
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 pm Reply with quote
So it seems the premise is a mash up of Beauty and the Beast / Cinderella. So we will see where this goes.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:14 am Reply with quote
Having just seen the first episode (slowly dropping shows and staying up to date with the rest) this seems to be the comfy anime of the season. Just sit back, smile and enjoy the fluff, though it would be nice if the prince got some payback.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:10 am Reply with quote
Yah, every season the second week becomes a kind of "Meh" test where I don't have anything against some of the shows I'd give a second chance, but they also don't have a strong enough pull for me to make time for them.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Agreed, though there are not that many fluffy shows this season and I do want a few of them as opposed to the less ''happy times'' anime I watch. This one seems like a solid pick for fluffy times, the second episode was cozy and even introduced a new character to keep things fresh. .
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:53 am Reply with quote
Another week of fluff, though also another week of wondering just how bad Charlotte had it before escaping from the kingdom. Every week she grows a little, yet also makes you wanna see certain bugs squashed.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Huh, color me surprised, I expected the capybara from the cover and earlier episode to be nothing more than a gag, but it seems that he is important to the story.
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:07 am Reply with quote
Is just me or the latest episode it seemed they just changed the supporting cast.
zfunk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:15 am Reply with quote
So the show acknowledged the Cinderella meets Beauty and the Beast aspect, at least the Cinderella part.

Well just when I thought the show took a shift with changing the supporting cast, we find out Eruca was sent on a spying mission, Miacha still MIA, and looks like Dorothea was a short term character who is gone.

Still knowing Eruca, there is a chance this whole little sister is in trouble could all be BS, and be part of a plan to get Allen and Charlotte closer.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Eh, given the subject matter I tend to think that it might be a serious situation this time, though the show always goes towards the fluffy, so I am probably wrong once again.
zfunk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I have to wonder how old is Charlotte, how much time passed between the flashback cold open and present day. Charlotte's little sister went from a kid to a teenager, and Charlotte is still looks the same.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:27 am Reply with quote
When it comes to aging anime is always a weird thing. Most characters never age past teenager appearance wise, Alan's adoptive parents are a good example.
zfunk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:06 am Reply with quote
Speaking of, do not mess with Alan's mom, she is scary.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, though I do wonder how they will resolve things, I somehow doubt that the little sister will be willing to listen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2