• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KanColle (TV) (all seasons).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Season 1 - [Kantai Collection] KanColle (TV)
Season 2 - [Kantai Collection] Kan Colle Season 2: Let's Meet at Sea (TV 2)

Source: Video Game (developed by Kadokawa Games, KanColle Unei Chinjyufu Committee, published by DMM.com)

Demographic: Everyone

Animation Studio:
Season 1 - Diomedéa
Season 2 - ENGI

Genres: action, comedy, science fiction

Themes: battleships, bishoujo, military, moe, war

Plot Summary: A mysterious fleet known as "Abyssals" appeared from the depths of ocean and attacked randomly. Fleet Girls are the only one who can stand against the Abyssals. Together with Tornado Squadron and others, they set to counterattack. Upon seeing Akagi fought, Fubuki earned admiration towards her and aimed to fight with her.

Air Date & Platform:
Season 1: January 7, 2015 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Season 2: November 3, 2022 (Thursday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime:
Season 1: 12 episodes
Season 2: 8 episodes

Total: 20 episodes
----------------------------------

Another franchise with no apparent thread.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Welp, may as well bounce this thread in prep for the long delayed second season. Just two episodes to go. It's been pretty good. Too bad it's only getting 8 episodes for this season but damn they've struggled even to manage that much.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:03 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8 (Finale)

It took almost 6 months to get out 8 episodes. Sad. Nonetheless, I did enjoy this abbreviated, delayed second helping. As a Westerner, it's a bit of an odd experience watching what is basically a love letter to Japan's doomed WWII navy. But that is the position anime sometimes puts its non-Japanese audience in. The finale is bittersweet. My interpretation is that all the girls sunk but then were reincarnated in the future (present) day. Oddly enough, I can't even really articulate why the show worked for me... it just did. Despite the somewhat visually ludicrous sight of girls with ship weaponry strapped to their limbs and other body parts, I somehow do get caught up in their battles. I'd like to check out the film but it does not appear to have a legitimate release in NA. Kind of surprised that CR/Funi doesn't have it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1