• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses Manga Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:44 am Reply with quote
Good to hear, the manga is a fun read.
SHD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:02 am Reply with quote
I'm sure this is a perfectly nice manga once one manages to handwave away the absolutely ridiculous premise. If someone has such a bad eyesight as implied by the artwork then how does she even "forget" her glasses? I have a very bad eyesight (like... very bad), I can't imagin "forgetting" my glasses, as I literally can't function properly without them outside my home where I know what is where.

(Also, I guess it's nice that a visual disability is regarded as cute and as a useful excuse for the girl to get into the guy's personal space in a romcom... yes, I'm fun at parties, why do you ask.)
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:36 am Reply with quote
One of my favorite wholesome romcom manga in recent years, can't wait to know Mie's seiyuu.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:37 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
I'm sure this is a perfectly nice manga once one manages to handwave away the absolutely ridiculous premise. If someone has such a bad eyesight as implied by the artwork then how does she even "forget" her glasses? I have a very bad eyesight (like... very bad), I can't imagin "forgetting" my glasses, as I literally can't function properly without them outside my home where I know what is where.

(Also, I guess it's nice that a visual disability is regarded as cute and as a useful excuse for the girl to get into the guy's personal space in a romcom... yes, I'm fun at parties, why do you ask.)

It's noted that she remembers her glasses more often than not, but we only really see the times when she forgets them. And she doesn't always forget them, sometimes they break on her.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:46 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
SHD wrote:

It's noted that she remembers her glasses more often than not, but we only really see the times when she forgets them. And she doesn't always forget them, sometimes they break on her.

Plus that later on you wonder if she sometimes forgets them on purpose given how their interactions go. Either that or a real bad memory.
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I knew this would be an anime adaption anouncement as soon as I read the manga artist's japanese tweet saying "Mie might be able to read it" with a barely visible "important news upcoming!" picture. The manga is a fun read. It's up there with the current best shounen romcoms like The Dangers in my heart, albeit more fluffy and less edgy/horny.

SHD wrote:
(yes, I'm fun at parties, why do you ask.)

Lol, I was about to type that question while reading your post Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This one looks funny so I look forward to it
ExplodingPrinny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:50 am Reply with quote
A shame she can't read the sign they're holding.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1