• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!' Manga Gets Live-Action Thai

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:53 am Reply with quote
Good! I like Thai actors more!
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:31 am Reply with quote
Huh, even in 2022 you can still find a story that surprises you.
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:50 am Reply with quote
And here I am being all "OK, I guess, but why is this manga getting all the attention while the same mangaka's FAR SUPERIOR series is barely known Sad "

Papa to oyaji no uchigohan is probably the best "dudes + kids (+ food)" themed stories I've ever read or watched, yes, including Sweetness & Lightning and all the others, it's more relatable to adults than any other I've come across - even to me, a single childless woman. It should absolutely get all the live action adaptations and foreign adaptations and anime adaptations and all that. I'm sure CheriMaho is great if someone is into cute, fluffy, vanilla BL, but it's just cute, fluffy, vanilla BL, nothing particularly special. :/
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:45 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
I'm sure CheriMaho is great if someone is into cute, fluffy, vanilla BL, but it's just cute, fluffy, vanilla BL, nothing particularly special. :/

It's not like we have a sea of cute, fluffy and vanilla BL with good adaptations, so another one doesn't hurt. Also not everything needs to be special, most romcoms aren't.
CheerSong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm Reply with quote
GMM-TV strikes again!
These actors are nicknamed and promoted by GMM as "Tay" (Tawan) and "New" (Thitipoom).
They are basically a set (TayNew) and always appear together.
Thus ends my knowledge of Thai BL dramas.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1