• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Monster Episodes 31-52 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I really love the second ending theme song that corresponds to most of the covered episodes in this review ("Make It Home" by Fujiko Heming). Sad to hear it's apparently also missing, or so I assume.

The singer is like a drunk Japanese Mickey Mouse singing in sheer haunting melancholy, definitely among my favorites of all time.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Agree with the reviewer that the story does not deserve more than "B+".

Most of the things that are depicted can not happen at all, if you know even a little bit about how the world works; they are poorly thought out.

The high rating (including from myself, I voted it as "Very good") the show has is mostly due to its rare -- for anime -- theme/concept, rather than the execution. If, however, the authors would have rewritten the parts that make you to roll eyes and think "really?" to a more believable scenario pieces, the anime would have been a masterpiece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1