×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tamiki Wakaki's 365 Days to the Wedding Manga Listed With Anime


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
boldulysses



Joined: 21 Apr 2020
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:28 am Reply with quote
Excited for this! The manga is great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soulwarfare



Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 534
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:38 am Reply with quote
This is a great romance series, so thrilled that it might be getting an anime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellsoldier



Joined: 21 Jun 2013
Posts: 785
Location: Porto,Portugal,Europe,Earth,Sol
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:48 am Reply with quote
One company doesn't seem to be complying with sanctions!

Jokes aside, this seems to be amusing, as well as interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scineram



Joined: 17 Jul 2006
Posts: 371
Location: Green Hell
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:11 am Reply with quote
Extremely interested in this, God only knows why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Animechic420



Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 1730
Location: A Cave Filled With Riches
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:35 am Reply with quote
Another romance anime with very little to no romance at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pikrodafni



Joined: 11 Apr 2015
Posts: 129
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Another romance anime with very little to no romance at all.


Have you...actually read the manga?I can't imagine someone saying this after reading it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Revan32



Joined: 30 Jan 2016
Posts: 52
Location: Hungary
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Why don't they just quit and get another job at a different agency? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kurichan69



Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 115
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:43 pm Reply with quote
pikrodafni wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Another romance anime with very little to no romance at all.


Have you...actually read the manga?I can't imagine someone saying this after reading it.


I have read 62 chapters and I agree about the lack of romance. This is just pretty much Slice of Nothing Really Happens. While I acknowledge that there are probably more extremely introverted people like this couple than I imagine there are, they are just boring af. I had to go back and see where I dropped it so I could remember why and it was spoiler[after the arm-touching chapter. Good god. You are supposed to be functioning adults. You don't have to jump into bed together but that whole scenario was just cringe-worthy for me.] But if you are into stories about people who lack basic social skills and are trying to find their way together, then this may be the title for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BalmungHHQ



Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Posts: 406
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:54 pm Reply with quote
oh man, no wonder Wakaki's been so busy, lol.
Though, with a fairly straightforward manga like this, he probably doesn't need to be as heavily involved as he was with something like 16bit. I believe he was pretty hands off with the TV drama of this as well.

Anyway, I may check it out whenever it airs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blanchimont



Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Posts: 3486
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:36 pm Reply with quote
kurichan69 wrote:
I have read 62 chapters and I agree about the lack of romance. This is just pretty much Slice of Nothing Really Happens.

spoiler[In the later chapters(+ch62) they become an official couple, even later going the 'full mile", and in the current chapters(~ch100) they're preparing for marriage.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Minos_Kurumada



Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 1114
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:04 pm Reply with quote
This is a slow burn series, it's actually quite hard to pin point when the fake ends and the love begins.

It's essentially a couple that hangs together faking a romance until one day they realice "Wait, do I actually love this person? When did this happen?".

Its most probably the most realistic romance I have read, people don't fall in love like in shounen/shoujo manga with the guy saving the girl from a gang nor the girl finding out she need to live with the school delinquent.

They just hang out and and one day they just realice they like this particular person... which takes me to the problem... I am not sure this is well suited for an anime.

As a manga it's a perfect "I read one/two chapters each couple of weeks and that's fine", as an anime... I am not sure I would like to sit there for 20 mins watching people talk about mundane stuff each week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 12171
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Tonikawa predicted this!!!

But I've heard a lot of great things about this manga, so I'll definitely be checking it out as an anime!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joac101



Joined: 31 Aug 2016
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
This is a slow burn series, it's actually quite hard to pin point when the fake ends and the love begins.

It's essentially a couple that hangs together faking a romance until one day they realice "Wait, do I actually love this person? When did this happen?".

Its most probably the most realistic romance I have read, people don't fall in love like in shounen/shoujo manga with the guy saving the girl from a gang nor the girl finding out she need to live with the school delinquent.

They just hang out and and one day they just realice they like this particular person... which takes me to the problem... I am not sure this is well suited for an anime.

As a manga it's a perfect "I read one/two chapters each couple of weeks and that's fine", as an anime... I am not sure I would like to sit there for 20 mins watching people talk about mundane stuff each week.


If they managed to make a live action series out of this then I'm sure 20 minute anime episodes isn't so much of a daunting task lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gpanthony



Joined: 18 Dec 2013
Posts: 242
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:35 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOO!!!! I just sold my The World God Only Knows collection!! This will for sure compell me to buy it again!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sekaro



Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 375
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:06 am Reply with quote
First time I've even heard of this series sooo just 1 question... Is this like the currently airing Tonikawa? (Take note that im only making this comparison because of the thumbnail). If it is, then its a probably a hard pass for me. I watched S1 of Tonikawa to completion but it didn't feel all that engaging for me. didn't even bother checking out S2 after that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group