• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The most insulting thing[AS] have ever said

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
Since,I didn't see anything in the forums about this statement [AS] have said last Sunday. I decide to start a thread about this insulting comment. When I was flipping though the channels. I saw something very interesting they have said about anime fans. They said in quote,hey animephobes go out and support the ATHF movie or they are going to get rid of anime Saturday and replace its with that bad anime parody and a parking lot. Am I the one who do find that very insulting? It seems like the adult swim crew are high frats boys who never quite got the chance to grow up. Even though its was suppose to be a joke,its was simply not funny!!!! I will never watch [AS] again as lost as I live. I would rather pay 29.95 a DVD or get mine anime from Netflick. Then to get insulted by children.

Last edited by naruto fan 09812 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
They said in quote,hey animephobes go out and support the ATHF movie or they are going to get rid of anime Saturday and replace its with that bad anime parody and a parking lot.

That just sounds stupid rather than insulting. Are you sure that is directly quoted?

naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Am I the one who do not find that very insulting?

No you aren't I didn't find that particularly insulting either.
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
It not a direct quote but its something around in that ball park. Also,I misquote mind self I did find that comment insulting. They humor is not funny its rather insulting. [AS] have said some stupid comments in the past but this seems like that they were trying to insult someone.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure I get the comment. An "animephobe" would be someone who hates anime, and if such a person would be watching [as] it would probably be for shows like ATHF, not the other way around as your post implies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quote
They're always trying to insult someone, I think the folks at [adult swim] think that's part of their job. Along with making shows about talking butts. Rolling Eyes

Personally, I don't pay much attention to their idiocy. As long as they keep showing anime, I'll keep watching. I think, on some level, they understand that we're important. It would seem kind of strange otherwise right? They keep adding anime shows to both [adult-swim] and Toonami. Anime watchers must be doing something they like. (If nothing else, I think we talk about their network a lot more than any of their other fanbases.)
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
It not a direct quote but its something around in that ball park. Also,I misquote mind self I did find that comment insulting. They humor is not funny its rather insulting. [AS] have said some stupid comments in the past but this seems like that they were trying to insult someone.

By saying that it was a 'quote' implies you are copying them word for word.
10円

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:17 am Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Am I the one who do not find that very insulting?

No you aren't I didn't find that particularly insulting either.

Excellent. Wink
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
I'm not sure I get the comment. An "animephobe" would be someone who hates anime, and if such a person would be watching [as] it would probably be for shows like ATHF, not the other way around as your post implies.
Mine English sucks so there is a chance I got the meaning mix up. So,there is a chance they probably said for the animephobes to go the see ATHF movie and they in turn would get rid of anime Saturday. But its still a very immature comment to make on TV.
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:

That's what I thought too.. I think the word naruto fan 09812 is trying to come up with is animephile Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hazumu-san

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
Usually while watching Adult Swim I ignore most of their comments. They are insulting on so many levels, that I just get up during the commercial breaks anymore. You just have to remember that AS was made for juvenile college boys, why else would they play some dreck they do, anime is just a offshoot for them. Just ignore them and enjoy the anime. Smile
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
But its still a very immature comment to make on TV.

...Coming from the network that, to date, has aired worthless drivel such as Assy McGee and 12 oz Mouse. Can't say I was exactly surprised to see that bump last Sunday night. Can't say I was exactly bothered by it either; just seemed like a really, really bad joke guising as a slight to the anime fanbase. Just went "meh," and carried on. There are some things to get riled up over; this wasn't one of them. As others have said, learn to either ignore the bumpers or filter them out mentally, and enjoy the shows.
pyrex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quote
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it to awful much, I'm pretty sure what they said is only for the purpose of hyping the ATHF movie since AS has some ties to it. If anime was such a wasted venture for AS, they would not keep bring new shows into the fold. Personally, I think they should expand thier Saturday line up and start doing marathons like they use to, all anime from 11-5am. They could re-run some series they haven't had in a while like s-Cryed or FLCL.
Enjeru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't take anything that the AS staff ever says seriously. I have been watching for years and have seen all the different levels of ways they try to insult people. They used to have people post their bumps, then they would air them and insult the heck out of them. For all their bashing of anime, obviously they still view it as important to their weekly blocks, that is why it is still there. When they complain about the lack of viewers, if they have any intellegence(which I am almost certain they have some), they must realize that they show all the anime on Sat. nite, and it's not like everyone is staying home on Saturday just to watch anime. Of course the numbers are going to be lower, just because less people are home.
So I wouldn't take what they say seriously. To me, the whole watch this movie or have anime yanked is nothing but just one of their little jabs that they like to throw. Being a fan of anime for as long as I have been, I've had to thicken my skin to such remarks before and this one to me is nothing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
Since,I didn't see anything in the forums about this statement [AS] have said last Sunday. I decide to start a thread about this insulting comment. When I was flipping though the channels. I saw something very interesting they have said about anime fans. They said in quote,hey animephobes go out and support the ATHF movie or they are going to get rid of anime Saturday and replace its with that bad anime parody and a parking lot. Am I the one who do find that very insulting? It seems like the adult swim crew are high frats boys who never quite got the chance to grow up. Even though its was suppose to be a joke,its was simply not funny!!!! I will never watch [AS] again as lost as I live. I would rather pay 29.95 a DVD or get mine anime from Netflick. Then to get insulted by children.

youre overreacting narufan-chan

you know they wont do that with the exception of april fools day. plus you know people at williams street and adults swim workers like anime too. it was a joke and a blunt advertisement for the movie.

(is that movie doing well anyway?)
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I do not think I overracting if you do a joke like this once in ever blue moon. I would not have a problem with that but if you keep on doing its meant as a insult not a joke. I wonder do they even know that people who watch their block of shows have a IQ higher than let says five
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5