• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Game's Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote

*sighs* Maybe someday...
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
^LOL, that's straight up Humpty Dumpty! But back on topic, more reason for me to get a JP 3DS (that Fatal Frame style game is also comin' out and not likely to be in America)
N.R.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 am Reply with quote
haha, That's one funny picture!
The article seemed a bit messy to me. Project Diva Arcade is not a new game, and it had already been out in Japan for more than a year. It was just ported for that convention for fun, not for any other reason. Also, the AX concert isn't the only one getting a BD. The Sapporo concert (held a bit after the AX one) will be getting a BD as well. Moreover ANN failed to mention that both of these concert DVDs/BDs will only be released in Japan.

As for the 3DS game, the controlls and graphics seem inferior to the PSP games. The "music wheel" takes half the screen and there are no backgrounds at all in the songs. Other songs are just pre-rendered videos from nico nico with 3D effect added. Don't get me wrong, I will totally buy this game if it will be region free.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:04 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:

*sighs* Maybe someday...
Yep, that's pretty much how the rest of the world see's as your stereotypical "Yank", only he'd be in one of those SUV's that screams out "I don't give a shit about the world, just keep pumping out the oil baby". (and I fail to see the humour in a picture of someone crippled by chronic obesity, not all obesity is self inflicted. Just saying.)

On the topic of this new game I must say, if that trailer is anything close to the real deal, I'm very impressed with the fluidity of movement by the animation. Even in SD design it's far superior than the latest released Project Diva software. I hope the Extend version is as fluid.
N.R.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote
Project Diva Extended will have the same graphic engine as prior Project Diva games so it won't be "more fluid" then it is now. But Project Diva has backgrounds, visuall effects and the buttons appear all over the screen. I don't see how putting an SD version of miku and a gaint wheel on screen makes it "more fluid". Granted, I hope we are just seeing the early development stages and the game will rock.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1