• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Baseball Manga Major Gets New Final Original Video Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linaewen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quote
This is awesome news -- I have been waiting (mostly) patiently for news of a movie or something that would finish this anime off properly! And my patience pays off. Thankfully, December is not so far away....
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Hopefully it's longer than the last OVA, so it can do the entire World Series arc justice.
Linaewen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 am Reply with quote
jmaeshawn wrote:
Yay! Hopefully it's longer than the last OVA, so it can do the entire World Series arc justice.

The article this one links to (Manga News) actually states that there will be two OVAs! According to the article (orig. in French): "These OAVs will be the adaptation of the last arc of the manga (the World Series) that runs from volume 75 to volume 78 (the last). Each will be accompanied by a volume containing the last 4 chapters of books. Thus the first OVA (due out December 16) will be sold with a volume containing chapters of volumes 75-76. And 2nd (no date yet) those volumes 77-78."
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
Oh, so it's only going to be two episodes?

I thought it would be at least 4 in order to get the bare minimum of the World Series arc done. Hmmm. Well, much better than nothing.
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Yes! That will totally rock my anime dreams! I love Major to death! it was my favorite anime! but it will be better if it is a movie, like the winning shot 'cause it's awesome. And I don't mind if it is a movie about a past or future as long as it's about Goro:))
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1