• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1 More X-Men Anime Clip with English Dub Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:45 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the X-Men comic and the old Saturday morning cartoon, I have to say that I am looking forward to watching the anime version.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
This actually looks better than the previous movies, X-Men: First Class. Not that it was a bad movie, but after watching Wolverine and the X-Men, it could have been a bit better. Emma Frost in the TV series was a much stronger and wiser woman. She looks and seems to act as she did in the TV series in this new rendition. In the movie she looked like a poofed up Barbie doll with the mind of a Stepford wife.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:13 pm Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
As a fan of the X-Men comic and the old Saturday morning cartoon, I have to say that I am looking forward to watching the anime version.

I have to echo the exact opposite sentiments.
And is there some sync issue with the audio in that clip or is it me?
jsc315

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
No the audio is off by like a second i believe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 am Reply with quote
050795 wrote:

Same here, checked out the first two fansubbed back when they first came out, looking forward to seeing the whole thing now dubbed.

Liked the voices in the trailer for the X-Men, particularly the ones who you could hear a little more in the clips so far such as Cyc's, Wolverine's, Beast's and Storm's seems to be on the right track (had a nice tougher sound in her "stop this!" in the Cyc/Wolverine scene clip than in the sub of the scene) and the one villain and though it had already been revealed and discussed in the previous thread, so glad Blum's been brought back in for another round of his Wolverine Smile Him and the new Cyc had a fun old-school exchange in the previous clip, I think both their voices will work well together.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1