• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Frontier, Pizza Hut Join Forces in New Campaign

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrendantheJedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
Pizza Hutt supports the rebellion.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:07 am Reply with quote
Pizza Hut was the only fast food franchise to survive the destruction and be on Macross Frontier showing that they have incredible preservation skills on top of supporting the rebellion. Laughing
frubam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 am Reply with quote
First Code Geass, now Macross. Is Pizza Hut some kind of underground phenominon over there or something?
billyarnie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 am Reply with quote
frubam wrote:
First Code Geass, now Macross. Is Pizza Hut some kind of underground phenominon over there or something?

Not underground; Pizza Hut Japan just knows how to reach their market & tie-ins & product placement in anime is one successful way for them. I assume it's successful. Hoping against hope that Pizza Hut USA allows the placement in the Code Geass dub. Yes, they'd have to pay Turner AKA Adult Swim for the priviledge, but I'd think it would be good business. And YUM! Brands AKA Pizza Hut, KFC & Taco Bell is a global company anyway, so why wouldn't they take advantage? I do not want to see C.C. eating from a generic "PIZZA" box! Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
OMG! AWESOME!!
I want free stuff.....
Very Happy
abynormal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
Apparently giant robots and pizza just go together.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote
Pizza Hut: the official supporter of mecha otaku worldwide. I hope they release a decal set for my plastic models. Cool
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:44 am Reply with quote
American Pizza Hut finally have pasta. It's not as good as the Asia Pizza Hut's pasta. I hope they bring more stuffs from Japanese/Asian Menu to US.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
billyarnie wrote:
frubam wrote:

Not underground; Pizza Hut Japan just knows how to reach their market & tie-ins & product placement in anime is one successful way for them. I assume it's successful. Hoping against hope that Pizza Hut USA allows the placement in the Code Geass dub. Yes, they'd have to pay Turner AKA Adult Swim for the priviledge, but I'd think it would be good business. And YUM! Brands AKA Pizza Hut, KFC & Taco Bell is a global company anyway, so why wouldn't they take advantage? I do not want to see C.C. eating from a generic "PIZZA" box! Mad

According to the translator/subtitler, the Pizza Hut placements have "been removed for the US version" of Code Geass.

By "US version," I presume that's not just broadcast but also DVDs. I presume it's due to possible legal complications: Pizza Hut USA may not want to be associated with the series (they don't want to be seen as a sponsor), particularly since America is part of the oppressive Brittania empire (good for Japanese nationalism, bad for American/Western nationalism). Kinda like those embarrassing Japanese ads by Hollywood actors - what happens in Japan, stays in Japan.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Pizza powered mecha would rule!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
American Pizza Hut finally have pasta. It's not as good as the Asia Pizza Hut's pasta. I hope they bring more stuffs from Japanese/Asian Menu to US.

Oh, that started in Asia? I hate Pizza Hut's pizza (it makes me throw up most of the time) but I like the P'zone and their pasta is pretty decent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1