• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films Reportedly Suspends 4 DVD Titles Indefinitely

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 pm Reply with quote
only really cared about Kanon, but still, come on guys, don't do this to us.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote
ADV is becoming really strange.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Wha? Could something be wrong? I only have one Kanon DVD (because I'm saving for Otakon). Don't tell me...! Shocked Sad
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh man, I was just about to going to start collecting both the Kanon and NHK series since I finished my other two I was collecting. Confused Maybe they will release them in a box set after everything is worked out over at ADV.
lumcolette2006

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
No way, I pre-order Shattered Angels vol 2 & 3 and I thought they might shipped it out anytime soon but now I won't able to complete it anymore!!! I hope isn't the end of ADV Films, I want them to continue for little more longer!! I just need two more volumes of Shattered Angel and that's it!!!

I don't know what to say now!!! -_-

[Edit: Okay, I removed the all caps, please don't post like that. It's annoying and it just plain looks bad. - Keonyn]
xia83

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Look like it's starting...
se37

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOO

I've been dying to find Kanon Vol. 6. I drove all over yesterday trying to find the title. I wanted to find out what happened to Ayu (In case you want to know, I know what happens but it was getting good)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
This is just a licensing problem. Don't count ADV Films out just yet. I remember back during the nineties when Dark Horse was publishing Oh My Goddess, the manga series. They were in the middle of re-negotiating the license for the manga series and since Kodansha was in the middle of a shake-up, Dark Horse didn't didn't release a single issue of Oh My Goddess for several months until the licensing problems were all worked out.

These things happen all of the time. Unfortunately, this happened in the middle of several anime shows being released. It's just odd that this would happen in the middle of the release of an anime series since anime companies license each show separately.

Since ADV Films has been producing anime longer than Geneon/Pioneer, I wouldn't count them out just yet. I imagine that these issues will be resolved over the next few weeks.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I can only assume that this is the same licensing issue they had back in February (since Robert confirms it is a licensing issue).

He also notes that ADV can't really get away with "we can't tell you what's going on" this time lest people will, you know, stop buying their stuff I would think.

Luckily things came back last time, so I have a feeling that, short of just going under, they probably will this time too, but this definitely can't help ADV at all.
LKK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Question about Tokyo Majin #4: That's the first disk in the second half of the series, right? The one that went by a slightly different title when it was broadcast in Japan?
fxg97873

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quote
A "Sneak Peak" at what you won't ever see!
Crying or Very sad

mk2000
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo! I have Kanon vol 6 preordered from Amazon! That's the last one I need to complete my box set. Crying or Very sad

Please don't screw this up, ADV. How could they be having license issues with the same freaking titles as last time??

Last edited by LordPrometheus on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
i hope that they clear the stuff up soon. i hope the adv dont belly up like geneon did it took for ever before there titles got licensed
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, guess I should buy Kanon v.5 while I can... and hope to some superior being that ADV can get their collective heads out of their asses and actually start telling their prospective buyers what the hell is going on over there... Sad
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they will release everything as a thinpack for the whole series...

And just when I was about to buy NHK discs 1 thru 5...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10