• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ring Horror Novel's New Sequel Revealed by Author Koji Suzuki

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Before people come in and bash the American remake of this film and other Asian film that US has remake. I want to remind that Asia has also been remaking film also that include American films. Please recall Japan has remade Sideways, Ghost, and Japan will remake more films. At least Hollywood gave back to Japan (and Asia, yes China and South Korea have remake American films also)

Anyway, I welcome the news. Smile

Last edited by mdo7 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
-Read spoiler-

Ok, now i'm officially scared of the story.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Read the novels after seeing both the US and Japanese versions (I actually really liked the first US Ring movie). The novels are very different, especially from Rasen onward, but they were pretty interesting.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Having seen the film and read the book (and really the film is very different to the book - I totally recommend Suzuki's works!) I have to admit I've often wondered how the story of Sadako could work in a post-VHS world.

And now we'll find out. I just hope this gets an English language release like many of his previous books.
cosain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
OMG
lolol
Suzuki has finally moved into the 21st Century where VHS tapes are not used Anime hyper

Ahhhh I can't wait!!! So this novel is like novel 2.5 then...
Thats good, because I can't see what would happen if this novel did take place after Loop which is the 3rd novel or it's sequel (Birthday).

Well, for those who has read the novel would probably get what I mean Smile

hahahaaa~
I think if they made a movie out of this, spoiler[people would probably be afraid of using their computers if Sadako crawls out of the computer screen! LMAO!]
hahaha but in saying that, the American and Japanese films were not that scary... Anime hyper
Quark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 am Reply with quote
Blah! That picture is kind of freaky when it's late at night and it just comes up unexpected.
Anyway, this book sounds awesome, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the story get updated to take advantage of new technology.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1