• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion--about companies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:58 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if somehow there could be a company index as well, similar to the way lists are compiled for staff/cast members. It'd make things a lot easier to see all the anime Gonzo/Pioneer has done/licensed, for example.

Is there a way to do this already?

Sorry if it's already been suggested. I also think it would be nice if some information could be included about the individual companies as well, but I realize that might be biting off more than we can chew at this point. Other information might include when the company was founded, key employees of the company, what other anime merchandise they produce (on ADV's page Newtype would be listed), and so on.
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking about that today because of the anime network I wanted to see what stuff adv owns.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Already in progress =)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Ask, and ye shall receive! Very Happy

Actually, the "companies" part of the Encyclopedia was ready for some time, but I wasn't very happy with how the companies are listed: a lot of them seem to be the same company except with slightly different spellings. But I can't merge them without being *sure* they are the same company, because a lot of companies have "sister" companies with almost the same name. For example, "Nippon Hoso Kyokai" and "Nippon Hoso Kyokai satellite". I kept pushing this off until the list had been cleaned up, but since there's such a demand for it... there you have it! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1