• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Arrietty Film's British-Dubbed Clip Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Any chance of a Blu-ray or even DVD release somewhere with both dubs?
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Any chance of a Blu-ray or even DVD release somewhere with both dubs?

Not likely, though I wouldn't mind a BD version with both dubs myself. I'll be waiting for the movie release in February in North America before making a judgment as to which version of the English dub I'll be picking up in BD. I'm definitely leaning towards the UK version, but I want to give the US version a fair chance.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 am Reply with quote
The US Arrietty commercials have already been playing on the Disney channels, BTW.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:29 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The US Arrietty commercials have already been playing on the Disney channels, BTW.

I can actually vouch for this since my 12 year-old sister watches Disney channel and have seen the promotion for the show a couple of times lately. It's too bad that despite the American dub starring Bridgit Mendler who's also from Good Luck Charlie which my sister loves, she would likely not be interested in seeing Arriety as her first Ghibli film simply because she's generally uninterested in animation. Though it's not as if she grew up watching anime or even Disney Animated films so I don't blame her as much as it sucks that we have one less thing in common. I mean at one point, I didn't get the appeal of Star Wars until I saw the Clone Wars micro series on Cartoon Network.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1