• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Neon Sign on Akihabara's Radio Kaikan Building Disassembled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
21 gun salute, gentlemen, today we bid farewell to a true icon
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote
Aye the area will be one less recognisible, but it's best that it's demolished in a controlled manor than have it come down on peoples' heads the next round of Eartquakes. Nothing said about what is replacing it though.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote
John Titor must have predicted this too, which is why Steins;Gate happened according to plans.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
John Titor must have predicted this too, which is why Steins;Gate happened according to plans.
Not hard to research such things as when the local goverment has given planning permission to demolish a building as such plans have to be applied for well in advance of work being carried out if approved.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 am Reply with quote
I'm sad to see it go. There were quite a few neat stores in that building. I always remembered that building having a pretty interesting layout.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
egoist wrote:
Not hard to research such things as when the local goverment has given planning permission to demolish a building as such plans have to be applied for well in advance of work being carried out if approved.

Well, presuming that Japan doesn't put such plans on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
egoist wrote:

Well, presuming that Japan doesn't put such plans on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'.
Is that what they do in Pennsylvania? Laughing Don't know about Japan, but in the UK all plans regarding a change to a property are open for public scrutiny by anyone who wants to read them. They're even posted on poles on the property 28 days before and after a decision is made.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
egoist wrote:

Is that what they do in Pennsylvania? Laughing Don't know about Japan, but in the UK all plans regarding a change to a property are open for public scrutiny by anyone who wants to read them. They're even posted on poles on the property 28 days before and after a decision is made.
Even if they're for demolishing your home to make room for a bypass?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
That's too bad. I saw that building while I was in Akihabara.

...Wait, NOW how are our heroes going to get to the past?!
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Noooo That sign was iconic for me! My first exposure to Akiba back in 2001 >.< Sad to see it go, I still have the pictures!
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quote
What I want to know is what will happen to all the stores in it. I'm planning on going to Japan again soon and would love to visit those stores.
shukero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah this is just like the yahoo neon sign that everyone is threatening to take down Sad

The Golden day's are over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1