Anime News Network Embargo Policy
Anime News Network (we/us/our) respects all embargoes provided:
- We have a relationship with the individual or organization providing the embargoed material (the "PR rep");
- The PR rep contacts us in advance and informs us that they would like to send us an embargoed item;
- We agree to respect the terms of the embargo;
- The PR rep respects any conditional terms we may specify at this time.
Conditional terms are typically:
- The PR rep submits the embargoed material to a specific contact as opposed to our generic newsroom e-mail address.
We will only agree to receive material under embargo provided we have faith that the PR rep is taking adequate measures to ensure that they are only submitting said material to news outlets that have also agreed to respect the embargo.
Should we agree to respect an embargo and should a part of the embargoed material subsequently become public knowledge through no fault of our own, we may, at our discretion, report on whatever material is public knowledge at that time.
Do not submit embargoed press releases or advisories to us unsolicited. We will not recognize them as embargoed.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history
back to Anime News Network Policy List