Anime NYC Reveals More Japanese Guests, Anime Premiere Screenings
posted on by Alex Mateo
The staff of the Anime NYC convention revealed on Friday that the event will host the following guests:
- Production I.G's CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa
- Megalobox anime's director You Moriyama and producer Minako Fujiyoshi
- Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life anime's voice actress Atsumi Tanezaki and producer Kisara Takahashi
- Fragtime anime's producer Yūsuke Terada
The event will also screen the following anime premieres:
- East Coast premiere of In/Spectre anime
- U.S. premiere of Fragtime anime
- U.S. premiere of Gundam Reconguista in G Movie I film
- World premiere of A Destructive God Sits Next to Me anime
- World premiere of Somali and the Forest Spirit anime
- Dub premiere of Lupin III: Goodbye Partner anime
This year's Anime NYC will be held at the Javits Center in Midtown Manhattan from November 15 to 17. Last year's event had 36,000 attendees from all 50 states and more than 15 countries.
This year's event will also host Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino; Dr. Stone manga creators Riichirou Inagaki and Boichi; Monogatari series illustrator VOFAN; voice actress Rie Kugimiya; voice actress and singer Miku Itо̄; Today's Menu for Emiya Family manga creator TAa; Science SARU's producer Eunyoung Cho; Code Geass writer Ichiro Okouchi, character designer Takahiro Kimura, and voice actress Yukana; and JAM Project, Guilty Kiss, TRUE, and ZAQ as musical performers.
The event will host the world premiere of the Eizōken ni wa Te o Dasu na! anime and the East Coast premiere of the Weathering With You film. The convention will also screen the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection film.
Source: Email correspondence
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history