• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Dengeki's Favorite Oreimo Character Survey

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuinnM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
At last a poll where the dark emo supporting character in a series doesn't win the popular vote, i'm impressed.

If only polls of other anime were the same.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:09 pm Reply with quote
What dark emo character? KuroNeko? Emo? Were you watching the same anime as me?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Holy jesus. I don't think I've ever seen something so opposed to my tastes.

They liked Kirino? Really? I guess next time I go to Japan I should kick their balls rather than handshake.

Quote:
8 [Unnamed]

Was this survey for real or wtf?
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Holy jesus. I don't think I've ever seen something so opposed to my tastes.

They liked Kirino? Really? I guess next time I go to Japan I should kick their balls rather than handshake.

Quote:
8 [Unnamed]

Was this survey for real or wtf?

A little research and you can find out. "Unnamed"-san is none other than Akagi Sena, Kyousuke's friend's little sister. She appears later in the light novels. She's the one who asked her brother to buy her the hardcore homoge (eroge of buff guys getting it on... *shivers*)

Also, in the light novels, she's not a middle schooler, as she was described in the anime. She's actually in the same grade as Kuroneko.

Last edited by Kohii on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm Reply with quote
@QuinnM

What emo? I didn't hear any emo. You do realize the true definition of emo is a music genre, right? Oh, you meant the stereotype about people who cut themselves? Those are just people who have personal problems and see it as an escape or some who do it to be 'cool'.

Now, excuse that comment, and I'll get to my comment about this. I don't think Kirino deserves first, but this survey was probably answered by otakus (referring to the Japanese ones as American ones are different).

Kyousuke as #7? He deserves to be higher for all the bullsh-- Kirino put him through! And #8, who are you?!

(#8 was revealed as I typed this.)
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
What dark emo character? KuroNeko? Emo? Were you watching the same anime as me?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. She wasn't emo at all, just really snarky and awesome.

And I agree with egoist; Kirino was pretty intolerable. Ayase started out as a likable character, but then was turned into a snooty bitch. Wow, no wonder birthrates are low in Japan Rolling Eyes .
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm Reply with quote
OK, Kuroneko I get, but both Kirino and Ayase rank higher than Manami? So, uh, what's likeable about the erratic bitch and the yandere, snooty bitch? Manami was funny and cute, especially when she tried to put the moves on Kyosuke.

I do not get the popularity of this show at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
People complain about Kirino being a bitch and barely anyone seems to like her, yet she gets voted as the Number #1 favorite character?

Guess Japan really loves dem bitchy, selfish girls. Complaining was just an act. Ick. =/

Kuroneko is awesome and should have been Number #1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Anyway, I really enjoyed Kirino.
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Ugh! I hope Kirino got number 1 by her looks alone. Sure she's quite possibly the cutest character, but her personality sucks! she's vapid, bitchy, manipulative, unappreciative, and selfish! She nearly ruined the whole anime for me. Luckily Saori, Kuroneko, and Minami was there too. Love them and they're awesome!

How the hell did Bridget make it on there??? She was only in one episode. But alas, she's still better than that bitch Kirino. I felt sorry for her when Kanako treated her badly though and she was cute...
RisikaFox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, that vote was... surprising, to say the least. But since I only have had access to the anime, perhaps there was more to certain characters than I had the opportunity to see?
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
When I read
Quote:
Kirino, Kuroneko, Ayase, Manami, Saori, Kanako, Kyōsuke top list
under the headline on the front page, all that I could think was: "Well, duh, they are the main characters. Who else was likely to be at the top of an OreImo poll?"

I was never a Kirino fan. From only being familiar with the anime as shown on TV, I liked both Kuroneko and Kanako (she was the one who did did the singing cosplay in the contest toward the end, right? Have I forgotten names already?). ^^;
ayashe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
Kuroneko was my favorite, I couldn't stand Kirino, she was a complete b with no redeaming features. Her face was the only good thing about her, and I wanted to punch it (and see many others punch it). Twisted Evil
southplumb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen the 12th episode yet, but I would probably vote for Kuroneko as my favorite character. I don't think Kirino is that bad, though, and she isn't as harsh and cold as Ayase. Some of my favorite scenes were the interactions between Kirino and Kuroneko.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
That yandere bitch Ayase is above my angel Manami?!?

Japan is dead to me... for the time being.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1