• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Dragon Crisis! Episodes 1-7 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scormio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quote
Well, I like this show, and I like Poptarts, so...yeah.
Nayu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 am Reply with quote
Giving it a C is very generous.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Questions:

1. Are the dragon designs any good?
2. Do the dragons spend more time in human form than in dragon form?
3. Do dragons play a significant role or are they just forced to be boring villain of the day tropes?
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Dragon design is good as far as I'm concerned, but you'll hardly see any of it. Only one of them transforms up to episode 7, and since that spoiler[guy is a villain it's just one scene.]

3. Do dragons play a significant role or are they just forced to be boring villain of the day tropes?
One is a villain spoiler[(black dragon.. he's the shallow villain), another is some sort of ally (ice dragon... she's very cute), the girl always next to the protagonist (red dragon... she's getting some character development). So far they've been a significant part of the plot, but then again, they're almost always in human form (red dragon can't even transform yet; she's considered a whelp).]
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow that kind of sucks. I expect a show about dragons to be about dragons, not that tired out old cliché of "turning into human form because it helps them avoid trouble". For once I wish someone would make an anime series with dragons trying to live with human characters in a modern setting and just see how that goes. Thanks for answering my questions, I appreciate it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 am Reply with quote
I agree with the review, but what a pity it didn't include episode 9, which I just finished watching. One of the best stand alone anime episodes I've seen in a long time. And so surprising considering that hitherto this show has not exactly excelled in its story-telling chops. It was an homage to slasher films that was creepy, exciting, funny, had some genuine emotion and was sprinkled with a dusting of originality. Well done!
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree with you, Blood-. Everyone should just watch the whole series for episode 9. It was pretty awesome even though the consecutive use of "Ryuji~" by all the characters (except Ryuji himself of course lol) was pretty annoying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1