• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, August 1-7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syrianmj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm Reply with quote
hoping hunter x hunter reaching 1 million in the end of the year
cause since fma,nana,nodame, ended only op&naruto r able 2 pass 1 million and that is very bad 4 the manga industry Crying or Very sad
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Sheesh, One Piece 62 passed 3 million sales while still on the chart o_0

It's also surprising how close the first week sales of Naruto and HxH are.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow Surprised One Piece is just breaking records isn't it? Maybe some other shonen series could learn some tips from OP.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
syrianmj wrote:
hoping hunter x hunter reaching 1 million in the end of the year
cause since fma,nana,nodame, ended only op&naruto r able 2 pass 1 million and that is very bad 4 the manga industry Crying or Very sad

Stupid shift keys, how do they work? And what is this "spelling things out" that all the young people are jabbering on about. In my day we shortened words into incomprehensible gibberish, freely using numbers for letters, even when we had a full keyboard in front of us, and now my granddaughter is sending me actual e-mails, with correct grammar and everything. I mean I can understand what she's actually saying! It's a disgrace I tell you, a disgrace.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
51 and 57 volumes of Bleach and Naruto. Jesus Christ. I'm not really into the omnibuses Viz is shipping for them, but I'm starting to see no other way I can follow this series. *gulp*

That said, I'm thrilled to see Maid-sama! doing well, as well as Billy Bat (I'm rapidly becoming a diehard Urasawa fan). I hope those two get released here (or, in Maid-sama!'s case, rescued and re-released). Anime hyper
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
On the actual comics rating, I really don't have much to say, (because let's face it, a shock it is not). However now I'm curious about Maid-Sama and how it would probably be more appealing to me if I was actually Japanese. It's more then a bit deconstruct-y about a very specific cultural aspect that will never not seem at best "odd" to me.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote
jesus christ is one piece popular; it's practically carrying the manga industry on its back at this point. maybe if HunterXHunter didn't have so many breaks it could at least give one piece some decent competition?

nice to see nodame selling so well, even after its ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1