• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit Manga to Enter Final Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 am Reply with quote
That title doesn't sound like it's gonna wrap up soon.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this last arc can bring the series to new heights. The series has a fantastic idea but never really goes anywhere. Neutral
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Hopefully this last arc can bring the series to new heights. The series has a fantastic idea but never really goes anywhere. Neutral

Every time I get the next volume from Viz, I'm surprised at how much I like the stories. You would think that the basic premise if getting told you're going to die in 24hrs would get old and repetitive, but Mase keeps it interesting. It's sad to see this go by unnoticed by many.

The movie is also superb. I would definitely buy that if Viz ever put it out.

Since this is the last 'arc,' does that mean it's ending in the next three chapters or so? Or are these arcs longer than the individual stories?
DifferentD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
xScar wrote:

Every time I get the next volume from Viz, I'm surprised at how much I like the stories. You would think that the basic premise if getting told you're going to die in 24hrs would get old and repetitive, but Mase keeps it interesting. It's sad to see this go by unnoticed by many.

The movie is also superb. I would definitely buy that if Viz ever put it out.

I completely agree! Its sad to see great series go seemingly unnoticed by so many. And I didn't realize there was a movie! I can't wait to go check it out..
burnpsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote
Randomly peeked at the manga after seeing this.

Me like. Will read now.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
I love this series, and I'm sad to see its ending. I didn't realize we had caught up to the Japanese release!

Going to have to check out the movie.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the series! The episodic format works well and the stories are always very emotional. I just wish they would have taken the story with the defecting female doctor (I can't remember her name at the moment) and went a little farther with it. Maybe they will! I want to see what becomes of her. And I agree with you about this series going unnoticed, it's a real shame. I'm actually surprised Viz has stayed with it this long. Hopefully they will see it through to the end.
Tragic_Pineapple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Great news. This is an excellent manga that I have thoroughly enjoyed. I'm glad it's coming to an end. I don't usually like purchasing series that are ongoing but with Ikigami and REAL I have made an exception.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1