• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses High School DxD TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
how typically funimation being funimation and licensing more boobies for the win. Rolling Eyes
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Funimation needs to try a little quality control. It's becoming like ADV was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
New Funi license = tits. I couldn't care less about this. By the time Funimation gets around to releasing it everyone will have forgotten about it anyways Laughing .
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
lol I wonder if the actors are going to make new aliases again in fear of being officially attached to a show that displayed a teen's penis.
Zilan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I expect the streams to be heavily censored.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I've been wondering when they would actually pick up the license. Not that I care much for the show anyways.

opn wrote:
how typically funimation being funimation and licensing more boobies for the win. Rolling Eyes

Boobs sell. Master of the Martial Hearts is getting an Anime Classic re-release which means it sold quite well for Funi. So, I can't really fault them for going after show that could sell well for them.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Damnit, Funi. You used to be decent. What ever happened to a little QUALITY control? Expecting heavy censoring.

Call me when Funimation license something decent, like say, Aquarion Evol.

EDIT: Forget to put my reasoning. It's only two episodes in.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I like how when funimation licenses a fanservice show, everyone rolls there eyes, but when Sentai picked up a loli show just a few days ago, everyone praised them and say how funimation should learn from their quick rushed out licenses Rolling Eyes

Not to say I look forward to this show, nor that I think Funi is perfect, just sayin
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
So called it.

Anyway, I will watch this in the dub for the lulz.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
At least Funimation knows their target audience, I'll give them that. Frankly, I don't blame them for licensing this, if this sells, which I know it will, good for them.

We've lost several anime companies in the last several years and even though I am not personally interested in this title, I do give Funimation props for knowing their target audience.

Could be worse though, let's face it, this is hardly as bad as some of the anime licensed in the past.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
As Alvin The Chipmunk said, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Funimation knows this well sell very well.
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
wow, out of all the titles this season this is the one Funi decided to license, i mean seriously, i watched the first episode thinking it would be a top-class ecchi show based on the few manga chapters i read (a top-class ecchi show is still poor by all accounts, probably no more than an average compared to other series) and it failed so badly i couldn't bring myself to watch a second episode

i find it hard to believe that they went for this as their first choice license this season, AnoNatsu, BSP, Brave10, Inu x Boku SS, Another, PapaKoto and Amagami SS+ would all have been better choices, and announcing it this late after pretty much all those titles have been snapped up suggests this was a last ditch effort to get something rather than it being their premier license for the season
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, people'll probably buy it. I just hope that they use the money to license something cool, or at least to buy Lance Heiskell a really nice hat.

Chagen46 wrote:
So called it.

Anyway, I will watch this in the dub for the lulz.

I would too, but then I'd feel compelled to send restitution and letters apologizing for the existence of the penis to the actresses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:26 pm Reply with quote
(Note, I haven't seen this show)

Quote:
I would too, but then I'd feel compelled to send restitution and letters apologizing for the existence of the penis to the actresses.

Jesus christ, it's a goddamn penis.

You can show tits and nipples and vag all day BUT DON'T YOU DARE SHOW A PHALLUS

It's ridiculous.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Well, people'll probably buy it. I just hope that they use the money to license something cool, or at least to buy Lance Heiskell a really nice hat.

I don't think there is anything cool that they coud license and it would still make money (not counting additionally licensing things like Fairy Tail and One Piece).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7