• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimagure Orange Road Manga to Be Released in English on Facebook

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
And once again it's a service which is not offered in the country I live...
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Will it be available in Canada? Sad
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh Blast! Now it looks like I may have to break down and get a Kindle. I really didn't want to go there.
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
OMG!! I cannot wait to see this on my iPad. I hope their release matches the hardcover release I picked up almost 20 years ago, cause the color plates are awesome.
Kyosuke_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Interesting reading about his disease. I assumed that he may have had meningitis, but sounds like he may have had some kind of anatomic csf fluid leak. Anyway, I'd be interested in reading the manga as well, since I enjoyed the TV series.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
one of my fav anime's ever. i own the animeigo box set. paid $250 for it blind buy when it was first released knowing nothing about it and ended up my favorite anime for many years. i'm going to have to buy a kindle now. there's really no choice Smile
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
That's good news, I guess, but I'm only interested in buying Kimagure Orange Road on "Paper Book".

Hopefully, the Facebook thingy will be popular enough that an "On Dead Trees" edition will soon follow.

(Though I have all 18 volumes in French, I would buy it again in my native tongue.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
i would rather have the manga in my hand too instead of paying for digital files, but i doubt that'll happen. probably a lot cheaper to sell files transferred online than to print books. it's not going to be a huge seller like naruto and bleach. i was looking at the newest kindles and they aren't as expensive as they used to be. cheapest model is $79.

Last edited by maxxjulie on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Please make a physical copy! D:
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, is this the first time that a Shonen Jump title is NOT being published by Viz (not counting anything past Raijin.)

That's incredible, though i hope it gets a paper form..
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know the site for the App? I might use this thread for future reference, because I can't seem to find it on Google.
Heibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I agree, I want a hard copy of the manga. I already have the raw versions from Japan, but want them in English ON MY BOOKSHELF. I'm sick and tired of this e-book version only crap that companies are doing. They'll get ZERO dollars from me until there is a hard copy.
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
you can post it in a forum all you want, but it's not going to happen. if they print it then how many will they actually sell? not even a thousand copies i bet. probably far under a thousand because it's an older somewhat obscure manga only hardcore fans know of. it's not worth the hassle for them, hence the e-book release. a lot of japanese read manga that way. they read manga on their phones while on the train. stop being so married to the old way of doing things.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
The ComicFriends app is currently only available in the United States and Japan. <-- And I seriously want to give them my money but they just don't want it!! D:
skafreak51

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
maxxjulie wrote:
you can post it in a forum all you want, but it's not going to happen. if they print it then how many will they actually sell? not even a thousand copies i bet. probably far under a thousand because it's an older somewhat obscure manga only hardcore fans know of. it's not worth the hassle for them, hence the e-book release. a lot of japanese read manga that way. they read manga on their phones while on the train. stop being so married to the old way of doing things.

Yeah, you're totally right. We should conform our wants and needs to fit everyone else. Can't wait till my first friend jumps off a bridge.

No matter how the world is right now, I still want my hard copy, whether or not I'll get it. But I can still want it, can't I?

*Jumps*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3