• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How do you credit someone who was uncredited?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millebaci

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
In Ruroni Kenshin (anime.php?id=73) the role of Sojiro Seta is CREDITED (both in the credits and here on ANN) to Lynn Fischer for episodes 50+, but Lynn was replaced in the cast and Melissa Fahn (people.php?id=1183) redubbed Sojiro but was not credited. I think she deserves due credit for this, even if it just says "Uncredited" but how would one go about putting that in? Would that even be considered for entry in the encyclopedia? Melissa spoke about it at Anime Boston. Just wondering!

-Jax (millebaci)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote
millebaci wrote:
In Ruroni Kenshin (anime.php?id=73) the role of Sojiro Seta is CREDITED (both in the credits and here on ANN) to Lynn Fischer for episodes 50+, but Lynn was replaced in the cast and Melissa Fahn (people.php?id=1183) redubbed Sojiro but was not credited. I think she deserves due credit for this, even if it just says "Uncredited" but how would one go about putting that in? Would that even be considered for entry in the encyclopedia? Melissa spoke about it at Anime Boston. Just wondering!

Interesting, I didn't know that. Been a while since I've seen Kenshin, though...

My opinion on the matter is that the information should reflect who really voiced the part, if the credits are incorrect.
millebaci

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
millebaci wrote:

Interesting, I didn't know that. Been a while since I've seen Kenshin, though...

My opinion on the matter is that the information should reflect who really voiced the part, if the credits are incorrect.

So then you would suggest submitting an error report?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1